Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul Comments: Bushmaster ACR

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    Gents, let me say this now:

This thread will not turn out like the other one. I will not close this one, instead accounts will be locked.
    Thanks you sir for the level headed approach.

All I'm going to say is, if the price is reasonable, I will buy one. I saw the prototypes at SHOT 07 and I like it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    I thought you already did like them?

http://members.cox.net/drmark/Tundra.bmp
    Hi Grant!

7KOPPER/Drake: Will Flat Dark Earth color be forthcoming?

Thanks.
    GLOCK PREFECTION

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Drake,
    Is Magpul going to distribute the rifles or Bushmaster?
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMark View Post
    Hi Grant!

7KOPPER/Drake: Will Flat Dark Earth color be forthcoming?

Thanks.
    I believe that it will but will again defer to Magpul for positive confirmation.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I think this is an outstanding business decision.

How else did you think Magpul was going to produce them in the required numbers? I highly suspected they were going to need a partner.

This makes perfect sense.

My hats off to both companies.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have no problems with this decision.
    NOT in training for combat deployment.

Feedback Score
    From a business stand point of production and ability to distribute it's understandable.
    In the end, the rifle and quality it's manufactured will speak for itself.

I wish Magpul and Bushmaster luck on the endeavor and look forward to seeing the outcome.

Since I won't be going to SHOT in Vegas, some nice pics from someone wouldn't hurt in the meantime.

Feedback Score
    This is a good marketing decision, just think of the logistics system Bushmaster has in place, they have a ton of FFLs already on file. Smart business move and it gets the rifle to the market, if the quality is there, I will buy one and I don't care who makes it.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Wow.

I guess I shouldn't be this surprised. I didn't know how Magpul was going to deal with the massive demand for the Masada. I figured if it stayed in house, it would be impossible to find and marked up by retailers accordingly. I think this deal will certainly increase availability.

I'm probably not alone in expressing some concern about Bushmaster leading production of the rifle, given their somewhat spotty track record in the past. However, it appears the Magpul guys have pushed for top quality production. And I doubt they would turn their baby over to hacks or goofballs.

Here are a few questions I have:

Will the barrels be 1:7 twist?

Are the three models shown in the first post the only ones that will be initially available? The one I'm after is a 16" with a folding/collapsing stock. If not, will the stocks be available for purchase seperately?

Availability of other variants and conversion kits? Like 5.45 or 7.62....

Saturday just seems so far away.......

In any case, congrats to Magpul (and Bushmaster) on the new venture. Now with all that money coming in from ACR production, and all that spare time you can get to work on some other stuff, right? Like an AK Pmag, or a pistol, or maybe a combat shot gun.....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7KOPPER View Post
    Okay guys, first things first –
    Bushmaster ACR Entry Carbine (12.5" barrel):

Bushmaster ACR Standard Carbine (16" barrel):

Bushmaster ACR SPR Rifle (18" barrel):
    Wow. I'm not sure I have a favorite. It's between the first two- they are most like what I was hoping to get when I signed up for one on Grant's list.

I want a 12.5" barrel, especially if BM will make it hard to get one later. But, I don't like that railed upper fore-end as much as I like the 16" versions fore-end where I would imagine you can place rail pieces as needed.

I do like the stock on the short one and I do not like the stock on the 16" below it. I don't like the UBR look of it. I've been looking forward to the "traditional" MASADA stock on the 12.5" shown.

It actually looks like I could get the 12.5" version and try to find a spare handguard piece. I'm seeing a lot of similar points on what appears to be the frame that would indicate the handguard is just that- a handguard and nothing more complex than that- easily replaceable.

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast