Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul Comments: Bushmaster ACR

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    That's like saying "I wanted to buy a 2009 Ford Mustang three years ago. But they weren't available. So when 2009 comes around I won't buy one."
    too funny
    GLOCK PREFECTION

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think the issue people have with the ACR being pushed back is just that, an issue with the delay itself.

Keyword: Impatience.

I'm not trying to step on anyones toes, I got upset when I found out too. Why? Because I don't want to wait THAT long either, lol.

I think it's more than justifiable for Magpul and Bushmaster to do what they have to do, otherwise they could go the way of Arsenal. Would you want to pay over a thousand dollars for an ACR that's poor quality? I don't, so as much as it bothers us to wait, I think it'll be worth it in the end.

I really wanted an Arsenal SLR-107FR, but look what happened with those. Because of the issues everyone had, I STILL haven't bought one. So I'd rather wait a little longer and get what I paid for than get a shoddy firearm, and/or have to send it back for repair, etc etc.

People expect a lot from Magpul, just like AK guys expect(ed) a lot from Arsenal. The difference is that Magpul seems dedicated to getting things right and actually satisfying their customers, the FIRST time. Keep the faith people, I know I'm trying.

Feedback Score
    Im not trying to make a point to anyone about anything by taking my money elsewhere, Im simply buying a new rifle before 09'. Im sure they're doing a great thing, good on them for doing all they can to turn out a great product and I have no reservation in saying it will be BAD ASS for sure. I dont want to be one of the guys who waited and got bit by the AWB monster. I realize an AWB is speculation at this point but its a gamble im not willing to take.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzking View Post
    ACR UPDATE
    We continue to receive numerous calls from customers as to the status of the new Bushmaster ACR platform that we partnered with Magpul to bring to market. In an effort to try to keep all of our customers up to date – Bushmaster is happy to provide the following information:

Based upon the current level of production here at Bushmaster, and a number of military related projects – the Commercial version of the ACR originally slated for later in 2008, is currently being slated for a Q1 2009 release to the consumer markets. This allows us to continue our focus of preparing the ACR for initial Law Enforcement and Military demos, tests and evaluations which we are scheduling at this time. If your agency or unit has not yet had the chance to schedule a demonstration for this summer, and would like to – please send a note to acr@bushmaster.com.

Anyone else think they are holding out in order to see what the outcome of the election will be?

So the question is, what's busted that is causing the delay.

1: People (Not enough manpower to make it happen
    2: Process (Cant build them right)
    3: Technology (Infrastructure isnt there)
    4: Money (Durr)

I've been eyeing an HBAR XCR at a local shop. I may get that with my ACR money.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I am wondering why those of you who are going to go off in a huff and "spend your ACR money someplace else" can't just continue to save your ACR money for next year?

It seems a bit dramatic. I keep picturing a guy with a feathered boa and big sunglasses stomping his foot, putting his hands on his hips and yelling, "Well! I just can't believe it! I GUESS I'll just have to go spend my money somplace ELSE!"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekatar View Post
    I am wondering why those of you who are going to go off in a huff and "spend your ACR money someplace else" can't just continue to save your ACR money for next year?

It seems a bit dramatic. I keep picturing a guy with a feathered boa and big sunglasses stomping his foot, putting his hands on his hips and yelling, "Well! I just can't believe it! I GUESS I'll just have to go spend my money somplace ELSE!"

I've got plenty of time to save for an ACR and get new toys

Only now I dont have to figure out how to fit all these guns into 6 months...

The only downer would be if the SCAR-L lands first. To be honestly I probably wont be buying both a SCAR-L and ACR.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score

What's Busted?

Quote Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post
    So the question is, what's busted that is causing the delay.

1: People (Not enough manpower to make it happen
    2: Process (Cant build them right)
    3: Technology (Infrastructure isnt there)
    4: Money (Durr)

I've been eyeing an HBAR XCR at a local shop. I may get that with my ACR money.
    The delay was not one thing but lots of little things that needed a solution in production and this holding up finalization on bigger things.

Somethings were just us, not leaving something that was good enough alone. Example was the second gen gas block which was finalized until one of the engineers came up with a much simpler way to build a better gas block. This was just a month ago but we ended up refining the idea, prototyping it and test fired last week. It has now become the thrird gen gas block replacing the one shown on the guns at SHOT this year.

While we have an eye on the clock, the ablity to be dynamic in development is something we don't want to give up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    Yup, I guess I'll be buying 2 FN SCAR's as soon as they become available- Then I'll have something to compare the ACR to when we all get one in Q3 of 2009 (and I'm optimistic).
    ME TOO!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RichFitz View Post
    The delay was not one thing but lots of little things that needed a solution in production and this holding up finalization on bigger things.

Somethings were just us, not leaving something that was good enough alone. Example was the second gen gas block which was finalized until one of the engineers came up with a much simpler way to build a better gas block. This was just a month ago but we ended up refining the idea, prototyping it and test fired last week. It has now become the thrird gen gas block replacing the one shown on the guns at SHOT this year.

While we have an eye on the clock, the ablity to be dynamic in development is something we don't want to give up.
    Thanks for the direct reply and info.

I guess only you can determine if the improvement was worth the delay. I am still eager to see this rifle and maybe purchase one.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No, we'll ALL see that the improvements are worth the delays.

Jay- You are right. Anyone who is going to throw their money down on an XCR, well...

Might as well buy two Sig 556s or something if you just HAVE to spend your money now.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast