Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657

Thread: Magpul Comments: Bushmaster ACR

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crazymoose View Post

There was the issue with the too-small charging handle slot in the receiver that Bushmaster refused to fix on the rifles of people who complained. There were barrel zero issues. The list is long and not pretty. It does now seem like Bushmaster is getting things right, but the rifle got saddled early with a well-deserved spotty reputation, and that takes time to reverse.
    You forgot the recall over the trigger failing to be held by the disconnector or whatever that was.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    You forgot the recall over the trigger failing to be held by the disconnector or whatever that was.
    the recall was for a too soft firing pin spring which could lead to slam fires if you reloaded with soft primers. If you used factory ammo wouldnt have a problem. But they put in a revised firing pin and a higher strength firing pin spring and gave me a hardcase + 2 pmags for my trouble

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ForTehNguyen View Post
    the recall was for a too soft firing pin spring which could lead to slam fires if you reloaded with soft primers. If you used factory ammo wouldnt have a problem. But they put in a revised firing pin and a higher strength firing pin spring and gave me a hardcase + 2 pmags for my trouble
    Sounds like you're an early adopter then. How's the rifle been holding up for you? Any issues with it outside of the recall?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    havent shot it in a while, probably has around 300 rounds or so through it and havent had a malfunction. Been shooting wolf and other steel case through it fine. I prefer shooting my AR setup since it shoots softer and its lighter. If a LW barrel came out for the ACR id probably get one
    Last edited by ForTehNguyen; 11-27-11 at 16:01.

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657