Thread: Electronic Powder Measures

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Electronic Powder Measures

Looking into buying one of these and from my research it looks like the RCBS is the best bet. Is this the case? Anybody have any other recommendations or time with the Lyman / Hornady / PACT? Thanks for any input

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have the RCBS and love it. I would recommend it. Can't speak to any of the others. BTW, RCBS customer service is excellent.

Feedback Score
    my buddy has a lyman but from what we can tell by talking the RCBS is just superior in all aspects from accuracy to speed and build quality.

I cant think of a single negative thing to say about my RCBS.
    My capacity for self deception is exceeded only by yours.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I just got the Hornady this week. Calibrated per instructions, crossed referenced against my Lyman check weights and found it good to go. I bought it primarily for stick type powders particularly Varget and in 100 odd throws got 1 over throw, caught by the OVER alarm function.

I did seriously consider the RCBS but found the Hornady on sale 18% of from Grafs and Sons. Total price delivered was $191, had to give it a try at that price and so far I'm very pleased that it appears to work as it should out of the box.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reports.

What is the speed of the RCBS? How fast does it meters a typical 308 dose of 43-45 gr?

Feedback Score
    IIRC 6mmbr.com had a comparison of the various models. It may be a few years old, so I'm not sure if it reflects the latest, but those guys will know. Lyman came out last from what I remember.

Also, PACT used to be rebranded RCBS. I know their scales were and I'm assuming their powder measures are also.

Another source maybe worth checking is Brian Enos' forum.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks for the feedback. Going to put the RCBS on order

What anti gun people need to understand about gun control: It's like peeing in your pants on a cold night in Ranger School. It feels pretty good at first, but it is certainly not a solution to anything.

Feedback Score
    The PACT A/C model has been a good unit (as opposed to the old battery model I started with).

I've had mine for 10+ years or so, which probably puts it near the end of it's life. Certainly more convenient than my balance beam, however both can get out of whack and need to be checked often.

The PACT can also be affected by static electricity in extremely dry conditions. More so as it became old. That's why I bought the top of the line RCBS balance beam; but even it requires re-zeroing at least one or twice during a loading session.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've had the RCBS for about 2 years. I haven't had any technical issues or any other problems with the unit. I use it mainly for loading special 223 Remington ammo (long range stuff), or for working up loads for rifle or handgun.

While it isn't cheap, it is a well made unit, and I definitely feel as though I got my money's worth.
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.

-Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I almost broke out crying the first time I fired up the RCBS combo.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v