Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If you had a New 6920, what would...

Feedback Score
    When I order mine next month I plan on adding the following:
    -Aimpoint ML3 on a Larue cantilever mount
    -DD Rear receiver QD sling mount
    -Ten Brownell's Mags
    -A case of ammo

Then shoot the crap out of it while I decide on further additions.
    Most likely I'll wind up with:
    -3x on a Larue pivot mount
    -KAC RAS
    -LMT SOPMOD stock

Feedback Score
    I just got a 6920 a few weeks ago and hear is what I added:
    Magpul CTR stock
    Magpul MAID grip
    DD Omega rail
    Bobro vertical grip
    Aimpoint M4 in Larue mount
    Gear Sector 2 point sling
    Troy BUIS

I will be getting a Surefire Scout light in the near future to finish out my carbine.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hootiewho View Post
    At this moment in time, I would leave it alone and buy another one. You will probably be able to buy all the aftermarket goodies for some time to come down the road. How much longer will you possibly be able to buy a 6920? Either another rifle or another rifles value worth of ammo. Learn to shoot it well, then buy aftermarket goodies.

If there is even a hint of talk of a ban, how long do you think it will take for all the 6920's on the market right now to get bought up and gone? Not very long. Be smart.

+1 for this, i'm likely going to pick up a masada 7.62 when they are released.
    "Unfortunately 87.26% of the quotes and statistics on the internet are lies." - Abraham Lincoln
    Stupid should hurt
    I carry a gun cuz cops are too heavy!

Feedback Score
    At this moment in time, I would leave it alone and buy another one. You will probably be able to buy all the aftermarket goodies for some time to come down the road. How much longer will you possibly be able to buy a 6920? Either another rifle or another rifles value worth of ammo. Learn to shoot it well, then buy aftermarket goodies.
    Darn good advice. I have had more pre ban Colts than I will ever rember. I sold all my stuff after the AWB came in. Fun times are at hand enjoy because it will not last. These things are not going to get any cheaper. I am no gunsmith or an expert on firearms just enjoy shooting. My 6920's are as good or probably better than any Colt preban I ever had.
    Has anyone gotten the SAW "reliability package" for their 6920?
    I had SAW do a Tactical Operator out of a 6920. It came with the
    Reliability package. It couldn't hurt. 150.00 for one of the best in the industry fine tune your Colt? Money well spent. IMO.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have had the reliability package done on both my 6933's and I will probably have it done to my 6921. I know people say that you can replicate their work with the upgrade of a few parts, but they do things to the rifle that really do make a difference, polishing and smoothing out different things like mag release, feed ramps.....

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    1. Lots of good quality mags
    2. A railed forend, KAC M4 RAS or DD Omega
    3. A quality single or two point sling
    4. A vertical grip
    5. A good weapon light
    6. An optic
    7. Another rifle
    8. Repeat

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have mine coming, and I'm just going to put a Eotech on it and thats it.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Aimpoint
    LaRue BUIS
    VCAS
    Light
    VFG
    DD Omega
    New MagPul Grip
    7 PMags filled with 75gr TAP

Head down to the local Democrat Party HQ and. . .

teach them gun safety.

What did you think I was going to say?
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Do you dive to depths greater than 5m with your Carbine? if not, get an Aimpoint 2 MOA C3 from Grant with an LT Cantilever Mount.

Put the money saved toward the Aimpoint 3x on LT Pivot mount. (Your ML3 choice indicates no NV.) After you take a good carbine class.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score

My New Colt 6920

Hey Guys,

I recently bought a brand new Colt 6920 for personal and patrol use, currently its in stock form, however, having caught the bug from many of you here and on AR-15.com I have already started buying add-ons for it, here is a pic of it in it's current form, will post more better pics as I start adding the "toys" to it.

" Strict gun control is an absolute necessity. Without it you just can't hit what you're aiming at"

Sir, we are surrounded on all sides ! Good, now we can attack in all directions...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast