Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Noveske KX3

Feedback Score

The Stag Arms Tri-Nozzle Flash-Break

Has anyone tried this one with good success ?

http://www.stagarms.com/accessories.htm
    The object is not to arrive at the casket in a well preserved state.....but to powerslide in sideways ragged and worn out saying,"Holy Shit , what a ride!"

Feedback Score

Fear the swine

Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    Gosh. I never thought that thing looked cool at all.
    I don't get any cooler than the fire breathing pig!

Feedback Score
    I've been using these for several years, from the original Noveske U.S. design KFH, the internal upgrade & the newer serialized KX3. I use them on SBRs only and the difference in function, flash and blast is very noticeable and a credit to John's design improvements over the original Bulgarian ones. A lot of people purchase these for longer barrels and they function just fine, but the intended benefit was for more reliable functioning of the SBR and to minimize side blast. If powder, carbon and debris is allowed to accumulate in the FH, the flash gets noticeably larger and brighter. Keeping them clean helps minimize this effect.

Feedback Score
    I was looking at putting one on a 14.5" barrel. Sure it's not a 10" or 12" but is there any valid reasons why not to do this. I already asked John about adding one & he said sure, no problem. But before I do & since there is already a thread, what do you guys think?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    I was looking at putting one on a 14.5" barrel. Sure it's not a 10" or 12" but is there any valid reasons why not to do this. I already asked John about adding one & he said sure, no problem. But before I do & since there is already a thread, what do you guys think?
    Sure, it will work, but I don't see any practical reason to put one on a 14.5" barrel. Flash/blast is pretty mild with even a standard A2, and you don't need the boost in back pressure. The KX3 weighs a lot more than any typical flash suppressor, and with no significant benefit in performance I don't see why anyone would want to add the weight to the end of their barrel.

Derek
    An evil soul wields an evil sword.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger seven View Post
    Sure, it will work, but I don't see any practical reason to put one on a 14.5" barrel. Flash/blast is pretty mild with even a standard A2, and you don't need the boost in back pressure. The KX3 weighs a lot more than any typical flash suppressor, and with no significant benefit in performance I don't see why anyone would want to add the weight to the end of their barrel.

Derek
    good points this will be my first AR & was just thing that with the 14.5" barrel it might help out with flash & with operation. I have not shot anything that short before so I have no experience in this. thanks for the info.

Feedback Score
    Hate to beat a dead horse, but I just want to clarify this a bit. The following statements are true or false:

1) Directs blast/sound forward.
    2) Does NOT reduce flash.
    3) Adds to back pressure which can aid in cycling the action.
    4) And due to #3, it adds to gas blowing into your face similar to a suppressor.

FWIW, I have used "search", but just seem to get more confused. Oh, and this will most likely be used on a LMT 10.5.

Thanks for helping with the clarification!
    Stephen
    Molon Labe

"The Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing." Herger the Joyous

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeglik View Post
    Hate to beat a dead horse, but I just want to clarify this a bit. The following statements are true or false:

1) Directs blast/sound forward.
    2) Does NOT reduce flash.
    3) Adds to back pressure which can aid in cycling the action.
    4) And due to #3, it adds to gas blowing into your face similar to a suppressor.

FWIW, I have used "search", but just seem to get more confused. Oh, and this will most likely be used on a LMT 10.5.

Thanks for helping with the clarification!
    I have one on my 10.5" LMT, so I will answer based on what I've experienced.

1) Yes.
    2) Not significantly.
    3) Yes. I have an H buffer in mine, and it will reliably cycle even the dreaded Wolf ammo.
    4) No. I've never noticed any gas getting blown in my face, and I'm a left-handed shooter so I think I'd notice.

Hope that helps.

Derek

Feedback Score
    Thanks. I forgot one more thing. We'll call this one #5

5) It does nothing to reduce recoil.
    Stephen
    Molon Labe

"The Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing." Herger the Joyous

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeglik View Post
    Thanks. I forgot one more thing. We'll call this one #5

5) It does nothing to reduce recoil.
    Correct. I have noticed absolutely no reduction in recoil.

Derek

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast