Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Noveske KX3

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsilvers View Post
    You might get more responses in the non-NFA section. Probably ten times as many people have them on 16 inch barrels as NFA barrels.
    That was actually very funny! But I think Rob is right, that kind of thing is seen more on TOS.

I would bet the most common application is on 13.7" or so barrels where it brings them to legal length. That is also where I feel it is the silliest reason for having one.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeglik View Post
    Thanks. I forgot one more thing. We'll call this one #5

5) It does nothing to reduce recoil.
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger seven View Post
    Correct. I have noticed absolutely no reduction in recoil.

Derek

It really depends on shooter and their 'awareness level'. It does decrease recoil a little but to a shooter not really in tune with their rifle/carbine, one may never notice.

I had a KX3 on a 11.5" barrel it noticed less felt recoil over that of an A2 comp. I put 8K rounds through mine in about 9 months. At the range three times I changed it out for the A2 to feel the difference and noticed it immediately, it also made the muzzle lift a little less. YMMV.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    It really depends on shooter and their 'awareness level'. It does decrease recoil a little but to a shooter not really in tune with their rifle/carbine, one may never notice.

I had a KX3 on a 11.5" barrel it noticed less felt recoil over that of an A2 comp. I put 8K rounds through mine in about 9 months. At the range three times I changed it out for the A2 to feel the difference and noticed it immediately, it also made the muzzle lift a little less. YMMV.
    Thanks. That's very interesting. Do you think it's a result of the KX3's design or simply having the extra weight on the end of the barrel? Both?

Derek
    An evil soul wields an evil sword.

Feedback Score
    Thanks again for the help guys. Sounds like it will be worth picking one up when I get this thing built.
    Stephen
    Molon Labe

"The Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing." Herger the Joyous

Feedback Score
    Question,
    I have one on my Noveske "Diplomat" upper and was unaware it needed to be cleaned. Bought it used from a member here/TOS. I would assume to disassemble:
    1. Typical safety procedures...
    2. Remove spring, retaining clip,thingie... (Dont know correct nomenclature)
    3. Lock upper in vice.
    4. find a piece of band iron proper thickness and insert into slots.
    5. Turn left or Right to unthread?
    6. Clean using preferred cleaners/oils
    7. reassemble in reverse order.

Is this correct and I need an answere to #5, would "assume" left.

I have noticed it dose keep blast down range better then my Stag 11.5 with A2, at least I get less complaints from my shooting buddies
    And like everyone says the "Pig" just looks cool and keeps that 7" running smoothly.

Robert

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger seven View Post
    Thanks. That's very interesting. Do you think it's a result of the KX3's design or simply having the extra weight on the end of the barrel? Both?

Derek
    A little of both.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score

Proud PIG owner!!

I am "one of those" guys who used a KX-3 on a 13.7 Infidel barrel, mostly to be legal but it also looked cool. I have been thinking of putting one on my newly legalized 10.3in SBR. At public ranges it does attract alittle attention. I have had guys come up and askif i was shooing a .308 due to the elevated noise level. As far as gas blowback in the face I havent noticed any of that, although I have a PRI GB CH i shot it with a issue CH and still no gas to the face for me. Which ever way you decide to go good luck!!
    "Airborne Shooter"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234