Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: .300 AAC Buffer set up

Feedback Score

.300 AAC Buffer set up

What set up do you use far the .300? I've heard the springco white/extractor spring with a carbine buffer works best from JSOC experience. Also what 147-150 gr handloads do you use for training?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by .300 View Post
    What set up do you use far the .300? I've heard the springco white/extractor spring with a carbine buffer works best from JSOC experience. Also what 147-150 gr handloads do you use for training?
    Setup depends on barrel length and gas system length - and barrel manufacturer as well.

Using AAC as the reference-
    16" bbl, Carbine gas - GI Spring and Carbine buffer
    9" bbl, Pistol gas - GI Spring and H2 buffer

You should go to the manuf of your particular setup for their recommendations.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Setup depends on barrel length and gas system length - and barrel manufacturer as well.

Using AAC as the reference-
    16" bbl, Carbine gas - GI Spring and Carbine buffer
    9" bbl, Pistol gas - GI Spring and H2 buffer

You should go to the manuf of your particular setup for their recommendations.
    DDM4V5 with carbine gas system. Yea I kow it depends on the weapon design. Just asking what others are using/loading.
    Last edited by .300; 08-31-12 at 14:20.

Feedback Score
    300:

I can offer a limited data point on the buffer issue. I recently received a PSA upper in .300 Blackout. Temporarily, I am shooting it atop a Bravo Company lower with a Cavalry Arms A1 buttstock with the rifle spring, buffer and tube.

The PSA upper is 16", carbine gas. I have fired 200 rounds of Remington UMC 115 grain ammo through it with no problems. I ordered one box (twenty rounds) of the Gunn Ammo 130 grain load. The first two rounds of Gunn fired short stroked. The other eighteen fed, fired and extracted normally.

220 rounds is, of course, not enough to draw any real conclusions, but it does constitute data.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Got less than two weeks before I get home from working. I did the 1,2,3 round test with mags on my 300 blk 9" AAC barrel two days before I left. So, belive me I'm going to wring it out a little.

The function test went flawless with carbine spring and h2 buffer. I think I'm going to play a little, bought all the springco springs and have C through H3 buffers so I will see what I like best.

Feedback Score
    Talked to springco the other day and they recommended the following:

16" BBL w/carbine gas system use the white spring and a carbine buffer.
    Last edited by .300; 09-14-12 at 13:28.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I run a 9" 300 AAC barrel on a DD SBR with DD BCG. Used the carbine spring and carbine and H buffers. Several FTE's.

Put a black o-ring on the extractor spring, no more problems with any buffer.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    On a rig with a barrel shorter than 16" the designers recommend using a pistol length gas set up. Carbine for 16 and up.
    U.S. Merchant Marine
    Master AGT
    1st Class Pilot AGT
    Vessel Security Officer
    Spike's 5.56
    SOTA/Spike's 300BLK

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .300 View Post
    I've got a mgi rate reducing buffer and like it a lot.
    John Noveske Changed My Life.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My 300 runs supers (including Gunn 130 gr, UMC 115 gr, and 110 gr V-max handloads) 100% with a standard carbine spring and carbine buffer. Cycling is a little iffy w/subs if it doesn't have a can.

It is a Wilson Combat 16" barrel, carbine gas, and DD BCG. Also, it is fairly accurate as well, 1-1.5" @ 50 yds with UMC 115 gr.
    Last edited by mic2377; 09-19-12 at 08:44. Reason: typo

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast