Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: .300 AAC Buffer set up

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    9" Delta Company Arms barrel & Colt bcg

I'm using an VLTOR A5 system with the standard A5 buffer and stock spring. Fired and locked back on subs, supers, and weak handloaded subs (just barely on the handloads). No issues. I'm going to start experimenting with heavier buffers and different action springs to see if I can notice any affect on perceived recoil.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .300 View Post
    Talked to springco the other day and they recommended the following:

16" BBL w/carbine gas system use the white spring and a carbine buffer.
    No surprise there since that is exactly what AAC suggests. The white spring is a standard GI spring, not an extra power or anything. That and a C buffer.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    No surprise there since that is exactly what AAC suggests. The white spring is a standard GI spring, not an extra power or anything. That and a C buffer.
    Well, yes and no. It is a GI strength spring. However, if you notice, the length is almost an inch shorter than a GI spring. Springco has made the White spring more linear than a std GI spring (better). This also means reduced stress on the spring (longer life).

So, in short, it was designed to behave more like a Vltor A5 or a rifle spring (though not exactly like it). Pannone had a hand in designing the White spring as well according to springco.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Gents, I want to bring this back up so I wont have to start a new thread. I am building an upper. Id like to chamber it in 300aac. Ive found the bbl and rail already. (16"bbl carbine gas). My question is: would I be GTG throwing this on my DDM4 lower? ( H buffer, carbine spring im assuming, Milspec DD BCG) ?? id love to not have to modify the lower everytime i switch uppers. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullet432 View Post
    Gents, I want to bring this back up so I wont have to start a new thread. I am building an upper. Id like to chamber it in 300aac. Ive found the bbl and rail already. (16"bbl carbine gas). My question is: would I be GTG throwing this on my DDM4 lower? ( H buffer, carbine spring im assuming, Milspec DD BCG) ?? id love to not have to modify the lower everytime i switch uppers. Thanks!
    Yes, you should be fine.

FWIW, since this thread was revived, I run a 16", carbine gas DD S2W 300BLK barrel w/ a Vltor A5 system & A5 buffer. Has run 100% ever since. I highly suggest it!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    id love to get the dd bbl, i found a wilson combat bbl which is slightly cheaper. i own a factory ddm4v4 so i know dd quality. that wilson barrel has a nice stainless finish too! heres my deal: im not going to run suppressed or sbr so is the .300 right for me? my primary use for it will be deer hunting. i read the round lacks power and accuracy past 100-200 yards ish. If that is the case, i might just build a .223 wylde "3 gun style" upper instead.
    Last edited by SilverBullet432; 12-17-13 at 12:05.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    id love to get the dd bbl, i found a wilson combat bbl which is slightly cheaper. i own a factory ddm4v4 so i know dd quality. that wilson barrel has a nice stainless finish too! heres my deal: im not going to run suppressed or sbr so is the .300 right for me? my primary use for it will be deer hunting. i read the round lacks power and accuracy past 100-200 yards ish. If that is the case, i might just build a .223 wylde "3 gun style" upper instead.
    Mine is not suppressed, which is why I got carbine gas as opposed to pistol. I think the 300BLK is perfect for hunting personally and will just fine out to 300-350yds. With the accuracy potential of this cartridge, you can do more than most believe. See below.

FWIW, it was toss up for me between the Wilson and the DD barrel. You really can't go wrong with either one. The Wilson barrel is a stainless match grade while the DD is non-chrome lined melonite treated.

I did this a while back @100yds so the 300BLK definitely has some potential for accuracy. I haven't had a chance to test is out to longer distances yet, but this really impressed me when I saw what it did.

Feedback Score
    Ideally you would use a C buffer. That being said, I have mine on a rifle lower which has the weight of an H2 buffer, and I have no trouble as long as I don't use subsonic unsuppressed - so in practice you will be fine - but if the brass is not throwing as far as you expect, it is because an H buffer is a tad heavier than ideal.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'm running a Vltor a5 with my 9" AAC upper and it locks back on all ammo and feels a little smoother all around.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~ Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyx Z View Post
    Mine is not suppressed, which is why I got carbine gas as opposed to pistol. I think the 300BLK is perfect for hunting personally and will just fine out to 300-350yds. With the accuracy potential of this cartridge, you can do more than most believe. See below.

FWIW, it was toss up for me between the Wilson and the DD barrel. You really can't go wrong with either one. The Wilson barrel is a stainless match grade while the DD is non-chrome lined melonite treated.

I did this a while back @100yds so the 300BLK definitely has some potential for accuracy. I haven't had a chance to test is out to longer distances yet, but this really impressed me when I saw what it did.

sweet thanks! you have helped alot!!

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    I'm running a Vltor a5 with my 9" AAC upper and it locks back on all ammo and feels a little smoother all around.
    id really not like to mess with the lower. i just want to be able to swap uppers without an issue

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast