Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: .300 AAC Buffer set up

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Using an H2 with regular Carbine spring with AAC 9" (144g M80 pulls, 16g H110, 2.135" COL, taper crimp in canular, annealed case mouth), 100% functional. Will be working up SS loads (208g Amax). Goal is to keep H2/C spring as default due to sharing NFA lower amongst various uppers.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm gonna bump this as well since I'm thinking about putting a 300 BLK on a lower I'm building. It would have to be a 16" barrel , I live in a state that don't allow SBRs or suppressors or any NFA items for that matter , anyways I'm looking at a Noveske BLK upper but so far the parts I have on order for the lower is a H buffer and the Tactical springs blue spring. Just wondering if anyone has any advice or experience with using those in a .300 BLK.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    H2 for my 8.2" Noveske, as they recommend.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Do they have that info somewhere on their website and does that only apply to SBRs or all Noveske blackouts?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    a H buffer and the Tactical springs blue spring. Just wondering if anyone has any advice or experience with using those in a .300 BLK.
    Sorry but bad choices. The 16" guns are designed behind a C buffer and regular spring. The h buffer with a regular spring would probably be ok with everything but subsonic unsuppresed, but an H with an extra power spring wont run right IMO. Even the Tactical springs website says a "white" spring is recommended for all 300BLK applications.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    When I asked a year or two ago they recommended H2 for all of their barrels 10.5" and under. Can't say if that's still the case though.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    Sorry but bad choices. The 16" guns are designed behind a C buffer and regular spring. The h buffer with a regular spring would probably be ok with everything but subsonic unsuppresed, but an H with an extra power spring wont run right IMO. Even the Tactical springs website says a "white" spring is recommended for all 300BLK applications.
    No need to apologize I'm just looking for advice and glad people on here help. I'm not dead set on building a 300BLK but it seems like a decent round and if I wanted to convert it down to 5.56 it would be easy.

Did a little reading and I'm assuming the C buffer is the standard carbine buffer like this

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/mobil...ct.aspx?id=104
    Last edited by Switch; 01-14-14 at 20:59.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No need to apologize I'm just looking for advice and glad people on here help. I'm not dead set on building a 300BLK but it seems like a decent round and if I wanted to convert it down to 5.56 it would be easy.

Did a little reading and I'm assuming the C buffer is the standard carbine buffer like this

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/mobil...ct.aspx?id=104
    yup.

A lot of issues I see with 300blk guns not running is because they are over sprung or over buffered. Put the right buffer and spring combo in and bam the gun runs. The other big issue is way under sized gas ports. No need to worry about that with a Noveske though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Do they have that info somewhere on their website and does that only apply to SBRs or all Noveske blackouts?
    All Noveske 300 BLKs appear to use pistol gas and H2 buffers. The config was noted in the product description on their web site. I haven't looked at the current web site.

My 16" BLK purchased as a complete gun from Noveske came configured as described.

-john

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bzdog View Post
    All Noveske 300 BLKs appear to use pistol gas and H2 buffers. The config was noted in the product description on their web site. I haven't looked at the current web site.

My 16" BLK purchased as a complete gun from Noveske came configured as described.

-john
    Thanks for the help guys it's much appreciated.

I'll probably be getting a 16" Noveske 300 BLK with the H2 buffer and the white tactical spring.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast