Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: THE OFFICIAL 2008 SHOT SHOW THREAD

ToddG Guest
    Spent some time at two booths in particular today.

Insight Technology has an upgraded, more powerful version of the Typhoon light available in various polymer and metal colors/finishes. There is also a new light very similar to the Typhoon (began with an "A" can't recall the name) but without the rotating control at the butt. Instead, all control is done through the single tail cap button. We spent a long time explaining to them how bad that was ... one switch that does literally four different things depending on the number, pressure, and length of the button presses is just begging for trouble. Gave them some suggestions and might see some different prototype switching in the coming weeks or months.

They also have a new metal pistol light (can be mounted on any M1913 rail too) which includes a strobe feature. I should have one for T&E in a week or two. If you haven't played with the strobe in a FOF situation, you need to. It's much more impressive than you can imagine.

As for the M&P9L, I was initially uninterested in the gun. Having handled one today, I have to admit it was impressive. The slide is much thinner in key places compared to a standard M&P. This not only makes the gun look sleeker (for those who care), but it keeps the weight down without resorting to a silly hole in the top of the slide. I'm hoping to scam one of these for long-term T&E before the show is over.

Rushed past the Bushmaster and Magpul booths (they're within arm's reach of one another) to avoid the puddles of drool all over the floor. Didn't handle the Masada yet. I'm not planning to be an early adopter.

I have pics of stuff, but I'm too lazy to upload it all tonight.

Three more days left.

Feedback Score
    S&W M&P45 Compact.

Tspeis

Feedback Score
    I'm digging the M&P45c. It's finally time for me to start buying M&P's.

Feedback Score
    Wolf introduced a 110 grain FMJ-BT 6.5mm Grendel load in steel cases at SHOT. Muzzle velocity is listed at like 2,610 fps (don't quote me, just off the top of my head, but I know it's over 2,600 fps). Is supposed to be priced just above 7.62x39mm. Projectile is designed after the 5.45x39 7N6 projectile, with an airpocket in the nose to provide an early yaw cycle.

Supposed to hit store shelves 2nd Quarter this year.

Wolf also introduced a steel case .223 Rem 75 grain HP-BT practice load. I already have a case of it to try. Velocity is listed at 2,750 fps. I talked to them and suggested they add a 75 grain FMJ-BT load, and they agreed. Pricing will be just slightly above their standard 62 grain FMJ steel case load.

I handled a .308 version of the Masada, very cool concept gun.

Shot the civilian semi auto SCAR L, I liked it, handled well. Supposed to be out 3rd quarter.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunwriter View Post
    I handled a .308 version of the Masada, very cool concept gun.
    What!? No pictures!?!?

BAN HIM!!!

Just kidding, thanks for the info! I'd love to see what it looks like.

Tspeis

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Anyone get a chance to stop by Ciener or Advantage Arms to see if a .22lr conversion slide for the M&P's is out there yet?
    NOT in training for combat deployment.

Feedback Score
    What's it look like??

Stuff a .308 Mag in a Masada........that's pretty much what it looks like.....

Lumpy, good damn question....will stop by tomorrow and find out....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Excellent.

Thank you sir.
    NOT in training for combat deployment.

Feedback Score
    Spoke with Bill Alexander at SHOT today. He said he was going to bring back his 5.45x39mm AR uppers. So, for all of you looking to be able to shoot all of that super inexpensive Com Bloc 5.45 surplus on the market there will be an AR to do it in. Said he was going to see about getting a high capacity AR mag produced in 5.45...

what do you guys think, with surplus 5.45 7N6 running like $129 per 1,000 rounds, does a 5.45 AR upper interest you at all??

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Did the guys at Smith make any mention of the 14 rnd MP45 mags and/or M&Ps in FDE with no thumb safety?

I think I'll be getting one of the MP9Ls before one of the MP45Ms; though I will own both by the end of the year (as long as they are produced by then)

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast