Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Python

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had a 1980s? 6" Stainless model that I loved and hated. With handloads it would shoot one tiny hole at 25yds boringly so and the double action was amazing, buuuuut my only gripe was that the firing pins would break too often for me. I used every type of snapcap for dryfiring available back then in 80s and the firing pins would break I am guessing from stretching or brittle metal and one time I had driven a long way, paid the $ for a hunt and after the stalk etc. at the moment of truth KLIK no bang, broken firing pin I just decided either the gun was too fragile or I was too rough, but that a 686 with hammer mounted firing pin was going to replace it. YMMV, but I would not do much dry firing with a Python unless you KNOW they have improved the firing pins or that snapcaps have improved since the 80s versions of Pythons.
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have a 6" bright stainless with about 3k through it. No issues. Always fed it 158gr JHP reloads.

Feedback Score
    I've got a 6" from the early '70s. My brother bought it new and shot it some, in the '90s he sold it to me. I sent it to Reeves Jungkind to have some work done and the gun is amazing. My wife likes it and shoots mostly 38 spl, I always end the shoot putting some magnums through it. If I were to guess I'd say 2000 rds.

Here's mine, my brother put on the Herrett stocks, I do have the originals:

Win

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    You guys are making me jealous. In 2002, I bought an unfired, 4" stainless Python from a guy who collected Colts. Being unfired, I relunctantly put it in my safe even though I wanted to shoot it. Ten years later, it's still unfired. Every time I look at it, I'm so tempted to fire it. I'm a shooter and not a collector so it is difficult not using it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My buddies got a Python. It has the silkiest trigger I've ever felt on a revolver. They are works of art. He has fired maybe 400 rounds through it. We both agreed he should shoot it rarely, as it needs to be preserved.

Any of you reading who have never held or fired one, believe me, their praise isn't over rated. The damn things are exquisite.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by UTSig View Post
    I've got a 6" from the early '70s. My brother bought it new and shot it some, in the '90s he sold it to me. I sent it to Reeves Jungkind to have some work done and the gun is amazing. My wife likes it and shoots mostly 38 spl, I always end the shoot putting some magnums through it. If I were to guess I'd say 2000 rds.

Here's mine, my brother put on the Herrett stocks, I do have the originals:

Win
    Are those Herrett stocks or Hogue?
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    I'm pretty sure they're Herrett, my brother was a big fan of them back then. He put a set on a K17 that I now own, too.

Win

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
    Wait. WAIT. Is that holster designed to carry two revolvers at once?

Feedback Score
    Small of the back, cowboy style?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UTSig View Post
    I'm pretty sure they're Herrett, my brother was a big fan of them back then. He put a set on a K17 that I now own, too.

Win
    They look a little like Shooting Masters, but different.

They should have a label inside the grip if they're Herretts.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast