Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: My SHTF carbine is finally complete

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by seb5 View Post
    I agree and it appears that 99% of the members of this forum do as well.
    This is never a reason to buy into an idea.

The issue is throwing out some web based opinion as fact that quite frankly is'nt fact, or even the real advantages in a standard weight barrel.
    So since your opinions are somehow both opinion and fact while mine are simply 'web based opinions', how about you back your facts up with something solid? I would be all ears to some objective data about how pencil barrels don't get too hot too fast under sustained rates of fire....and how a guy will somehow destroy his weapon before bending a pencil barrel - (which is pure bullshit).

What are these 'real' advantages of standard weight barrels you are referring to? Are you suggesting they don't handle sustained fire better and they are somehow not stronger? What is this 'real' advantage?

You guys can have your pencil barrels, I'm not judging anyone for using them as if they couldn't handle carrying a few extra ounces (that would be a ridiculous notion). I simply disagree that they belong on a hard use weapon which could be thrown into any scenario imaginable. But then, as a combat vetted infantryman my imagination runs to worst case.
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    I hate to contribute to an "off topic" event, but I can't help but ask...

IF you struck someone in the chest/eye/throat, bayonet "KILL!" style, WOULD that be enough to bend a LW barrel?

I recall seeing FH's that were pointed/designed to strike someone. The name escapes me now, but I thought it would be a nice addition.

Not saying that it would ever be used in such a way. If it came down to striking with the muzzle of your weapon you would possibly be in situation where another ... tool ... would be a better choice.

Just curious if the scenario I mentioned, would bend a LW barrel.

My personal choice? I don't care for the look of the LW or the M4 profile barrels. I like more of the H-Bar look, like the OP has.
    It's purely cosmetic, my choice, as I have no factual data to back it up.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789