Thread: aimpoint pro

Feedback Score

aimpoint pro

A couple of months ago I purchased a colt le6920 and it is a great shooting carbine. I have installed a quadrail on it and a weapon light at the 6 oclock position. Yesterday I installed an aimpoint pro on this gun and I am amazed at how well I can hit with it. This is my favorite new toy and was thinking this gun is now the best shtf/hd rifle I could have put together. Anyone have any ideas on what else I could add to this setup to make it better besides ammo and practice?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would suggest that you look into a carbine class from a reputable instructor. Practice is great, but being exposed to outside training from top notch instructors like LAV, Falla, McNamara, etc. will pay dividends. Read through the AARs here and see what sounds good to you. Then start saving.
    Last edited by mdain; 09-09-12 at 00:45.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Think about moving that light out of the 6 o'clock position.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    Think about moving that light out of the 6 o'clock position.
    Beat me to it.

OP, as was also mentioned, get a sling and then training. You will be light years ahead of others who spend their money on gadgets.

If you don't have at least 10 reliable mags, pick up some - I recommend aluminum mags with the Magpul follower or Pmags.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Ammo and practice are the right direction.

A padded VCAS sling will be worth the cost, especially at a class - decent ammo for the class as well.
    Around a dozen reliable magazines is the other one - 10pk of PMags (or find them on sale somewhere) will do.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister