Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Double rail PS90 siderail setup!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    $600 to cut a barrel?

damn.

You can make an RLT for free.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz View Post
    $600 to cut a barrel?

damn.

You can make an RLT for free.
    $200 for the fee. Around another $300 for the barrel and new flash hider. $100 for CMMG to install and engrave the receiver. In this area, gunsmiths want $75-100 to engrave the receiver. WHy not just have CMMG do all the work for the same cost.

+??? for shipping. So, $600-$650 total to do it all.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    CUT it!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    CUT it!

It doesn't work that way... U CAN cut the old barrel to take it out (you have to cut the clash hider or drill out the pin, as the barrel must be pulled back thru the receiver).

U don't just cut the existing barrel on your own. There are gunsmiths that can do it - but the cost savings isn't that great. and you still need the flashhider.

Plus, peeling of the chromelining inside of the barrel is a concern if the barrel isn't done just right.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShipWreck View Post
    It doesn't work that way... U CAN cut the old barrel to take it out (you have to cut the clash hider or drill out the pin, as the barrel must be pulled back thru the receiver).

U don't just cut the existing barrel on your own. There are gunsmiths that can do it - but the cost savings isn't that great. and you still need the flashhider.

Plus, peeling of the chromelining inside of the barrel is a concern if the barrel isn't done just right.

Cutting one of these barrels is not a good solution IMHO. I bought the CMMG 10.3 and had Ed at HDPS remove the old barrel and install the new one and engrave the receiver. He did a great job. I still have the original barrel and the sleeve/flashhider which I may have to sell someday.

Shipwreck, do you know if any of those FN cleaning kits that fit in the P90 stock have ever shown up for sale recently? I would love to score one of those.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Chrome lining peeling?

Who told you that?

It's not bmper chrome...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckbreaker View Post

Shipwreck, do you know if any of those FN cleaning kits that fit in the P90 stock have ever shown up for sale recently? I would love to score one of those.
    Doesn't CMMG sell those? I know I have seen them for sale somewhere... Just can't remember where...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Chrome lining peeling?

Who told you that?

It's not bmper chrome...
    There is a guy who actually DOES cut existing PS90 barrels and shortens them - but he does a lot of work on them after they are cut. He mentioned himself that he does a good enough job that there are no peeling issues with the chrome lining. So, I got that info from him.

I got my knowledge on that from him. But I do know that if you hard chrome a pistol barrel, the finish can peel off of that. I've seen many people complain about that - so, it's the same principle, I suppose. While not "bumper chrome," it can flack off/peel off if something goes wrong...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123