Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: K9 Preparedness Guide, FAQ & Link Thread

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Not to high jack the thread but I think that everyone should be prepared to move out with any pet they own and have the means to do so. Small pet carriers, food and med's with a way to clean the pet carrier so the animal does not have to travel in filth.

I found that we lacked the means to take the mouse killers with us for a extended road trip on are first bug-out trial and quickly corrected and refined the method over different trips. Now the kitties ride in comfort and are able to relax as they have become a custom to vehicle travel.

The same can be adapted for small dogs or those other furry house members.
    Last edited by PA PATRIOT; 10-11-12 at 14:59.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Military Working Dog Adoption Program

What an awesome opportunity to give a K9 veteran a "forever home"...

Adoptions done through Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio.

http://www.37trw.af.mil/shared/media...120718-079.pdf

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

A Tribute to K9 Veterans

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

RIP Drake

Warning if you get pissed off about animal abuse.

Rest in Peace Drake....

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/ne...sville-/nTDRD/

God, I'm way to damn soft when it comes to dogs & kids...

Tragic ending to a typical example of why we (I) love our dogs sooooooo much. I'll be the first to admit that my dogs are much more worthy of saving/respect than myself...

\
    I'm working towards becoming a better person, but G-damn, I swear this POS deserves blankty, blank, blank. (So pissed I dare not spell it out).

Here's the POS's response under Police questioning...

"A 16-year-old boy has been arrested and authorities are looking for two others believed to have been the armed intruders who tangled with the retired patrol dog.

Palm Beach County sheriff’s investigators said they tracked the teen, whose name is withheld because of his age, through his ankle monitor. He is on probation through the Division of Juvenile Justice for burglary and grand theft.

Investigators say he confessed to shooting the dog and told them the three knew the house belonged to a law enforcement officer and targeted it because they believed there were guns and money inside.

“He had no remorse,” Detective Philip DiMola said. “I asked him, ‘Did you think about that dog today?’ He said no.”

"

Feedback Score
    Good tips.

Got the story about Drake on Facebook, the gsd community. True loyal gsd to the very end. RIP

I'm as loyal to our dogs as they are to us. We have 2 gsd's and a mal mix.

As phila PD stated, they can be a liability in an extreme situation, but they all have have a H1 title and some Mondio ring training. You would have to shoot them to stop them. Being realist, in a shtf situation where we stay put, small groups (3-4) or stragglers are toast.

But we have them for their companionship and entertainment value as much as protection.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Military dogs being diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder

"Dogs experience combat just like humans," said Marine Staff Sgt. Thomas Gehring, a dog handler assigned to the canine training facility at Lackland Air Force Base, who works with Cora daily.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,1859286.story

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have enjoyed reading the info on this thread as much as any on here. I believe my dogs have been worth every penny and minute invested and time spent with them is the key to loyalty and trust. Thanks to all for all the tips.

Feedback Score
    I gotta ask this, since most of my GSD trainers/friends arent out in the open much with their dogs....

Anyone have a GSD or other hyper-active dog with sensitive GI tracts, and still maintain a semi-raw diet? My girl used to wolf down raw chicken leg quarters no problem, but now almost any raw bones or even bone treats get her the squirts for a day or two. She gets pro-biotics now daily, but I havent attempted anything raw lately, although she tolerates raw bones chicken breasts and hamburger meat just fine. Havent tried her on ox tails yet though.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Just went over this thread for the first time. Great info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My 7 iron is more accurate than my capabilities. Same with my AR.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canonninja View Post
    I gotta ask this, since most of my GSD trainers/friends arent out in the open much with their dogs....

Anyone have a GSD or other hyper-active dog with sensitive GI tracts, and still maintain a semi-raw diet? My girl used to wolf down raw chicken leg quarters no problem, but now almost any raw bones or even bone treats get her the squirts for a day or two. She gets pro-biotics now daily, but I havent attempted anything raw lately, although she tolerates raw bones chicken breasts and hamburger meat just fine. Havent tried her on ox tails yet though.
    When my dogs get the squirts, its usually anxiety and when theyre running free in the woods. Ive thought it was creek/river water in the past, but theyre usually dont making mud pies before we get home.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast