Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dumbass gun owner can't reassemble Glock

Feedback Score

Dumbass gun owner can't reassemble Glock

Well, evidently I'm one of those that can break an anvil if given the opportunity. Brand new Glock, first time Glock owner. Followed manual, field stripped for initial cleaning. No problem. Reassembly went OK until I managed to get the slide jammed in the position seen here. Don't ask me how I did it.

Don't want to force anything and maybe break something so I'll take it back to the gun counter tommorow and have them show me what the Hell I did wrong. From the picture, can you tell if I damaged anything (besides my pride)?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    wow

It looks like you got the slide on the rear rails but missed the front...

Is there a reason that mag is in there?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I just tried to duplicate what you did with my Glock 23...

Wow. Take the mag out and get ready to use some force to knock your slide forward and off. Then slide it on and get the back of the slide over the front frame rails first this time...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    STOP!!!

Don't do anything until you send HotRod9mm a PM with a link to this thread. He'll know what to do.

Feedback Score
    Actually the mag was out during field strip. It's in there just to fit everything in the case.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I remembered seeing this recently on GT: http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthre...ed+front+rails

It looks like a rubber mallet did the trick but I would still consult with HotRod9mm before trying to remove it myself. He knows everything about Glocks.

Feedback Score
    I appreciate the advice. Would I be better served by taking to the gun counter and having them look at it, or is this something I can do myself without making things worse?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    I appreciate the advice. Would I be better served by taking to the gun counter and having them look at it, or is this something I can do myself without making things worse?
    I'm pretty sure you could do it yourself. It worked out fine for the guy in that other thread.

Feedback Score
    thekator, m4arc;

It's all better now. In fact, it didn't take too much force at all.

Oh, and thanks for not ridiculing me, although in this case I certainly deserved it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    No, it's all good. It will probably happen to me eventually but now I'll know what works so I won't have to create a thread about it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast