Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Magpul .308 Rifle

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tspeis View Post
    [IMG]

And there will be .308 SR25 pattern PMAGs to go along with this.

Has anyone heard an official word from Magpul if this rifle (and PMag) are going forward? I've heard other people talk about it, but haven't seen anything official from Magpul.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GlockWRX View Post
    Has anyone heard an official word from Magpul if this rifle (and PMag) are going forward? I've heard other people talk about it, but haven't seen anything official from Magpul.
    To my knowledge, no official word has been released. To be perfectly honest, the first I heard about a .308 PMAG was on the forums after getting home from SHOT. Richard or Drake may post otherwise, but no mention of such an animal was made to me in any of our pre-SHOT meetings.

As it sits, the concept gun you saw at SHOT is just that - a concept. They tell me she feeds, she fires, and she ejects, but until you see first hand information from a Magpul employee, I'd take the internet rumors with a grain of salt.
    --Nick
    Owner, Reptilia & Side Project, LLC

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NickB View Post
    As it sits, the concept gun you saw at SHOT is just that - a concept. They tell me she feeds, she fires, and she ejects, but until you see first hand information from a Magpul employee, I'd take the internet rumors with a grain of salt.
    Oh trust me I do. That's why I wanted to hear from an actual Magpul person what the scoop was.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully, Magpul will receive enough positive feedback on the 7.62 that they will move forward with it, or someone else will decide to pick up the ball and run with it. It looks like a great product!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Personally I have been trying to justify the purchase of a Masada/ACR in anti-personel caliber (e.g. 5.56, 6.5, 6.8, 7.62x39, 5.45) having just purchased an LMT Defender 2k. I had convinced myself that I would buy it...eventually. I have prioritized a .308 tactical type rifle as higher on my list (possible HK 91 clone, FAL type, AR-10, M1A, etc.) as I would like to hunt deer with it and participate in "heavy metal" 3 gun stuff. A Masada/ACR in .308 would justify the purchase very nicely.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The rifle is visually appealing and will probably function very well, but can someone tell me what are the downsides to having an exposed gas block? Especially as it applies to an operational setting.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 11B101ABN View Post
    The rifle is visually appealing and will probably function very well, but can someone tell me what are the downsides to having an exposed gas block? Especially as it applies to an operational setting.
    It's not a production model, it's not even really a true pre-production model.

It's a proof of concept test rig.

Even if it wasn't. The downsides to having an exposed, pinned and clamped gas block are the same on a Magpul Massoud .308 as they are on a COLT M4 w/ F marked sight tower or an FN M16A4 w/ same or on a Crane Mk12 with a PRi flip-up.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    It's not a production model, it's not even really a true pre-production model.

It's a proof of concept test rig.

Even if it wasn't. The downsides to having an exposed, pinned and clamped gas block are the same on a Magpul Massoud .308 as they are on a COLT M4 w/ F marked sight tower or an FN M16A4 w/ same or on a Crane Mk12 with a PRi flip-up.

I hadnt thought of it like that. Thank you.

Feedback Score
    That looks like an SR-25/DPMS/POF magazine which is not compatible
    with the AR-10.
    Hmmm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Oh my...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNncD9q7u5E

That is just plain sick.

Feedback Score
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjqANeOwuNU

New video. Gas adjusted correctly and break added.
    Magpul bonehead

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast