Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The SHTF .22LR

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Well they work great on knee caps and frontal lobes . . . just ask the IDF.

"In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I have been giving more and more thought to the 22 lately. That is why I just sold my ruger 10/22 (easily replaceable) and a savage 22 to fund getting a mp15-22. I figure if the gun acts more like my real fighting guns the more I will use.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

http://www.usrsog.org/equip.htm

a .22 equipped w/ a red dot is recommended in some SHTF survival situations, easy to hide, carry and carry a lot of ammo in different types.

Feedback Score
    just be careful when stockpiling 22 ammo. i have found that it does not store as well as regular centerfire ammo. more attention needs to be paid to moisture. make sure you if you are using ammo cans or any other type of box, you place some sort of moisture absorbing material in there as well. just a little moisture can ruin 1500 rounds. i am just shooting thru the ammo i have that is partially ruined before i start storing more. needless to say, lots of failures. i like to learn the hard way.
    Red Rider BB gun - Lever Action
    Daisy Model 10 BB gun
    Crosman CO2 BB Pistol
    Daisy F16 Slingshot
    McDonalds Straw and spitballs

Can you believe people actually list thier guns as a signature?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Does it looked damaged? I've got .22lr that's been around for 30+ years. Just stored in a drawer in utility room, or ammo can in attic. Shoots fine. Do you live near the coast?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    Does it looked damaged? I've got .22lr that's been around for 30+ years. Just stored in a drawer in utility room, or ammo can in attic. Shoots fine. Do you live near the coast?
    Same here I have 27 year old bricks of Remington Thunderbolts that was purchased in 1985 for my father were he stored them in a cardboard box in his garage. I recently have been shooting these bricks without issue so far but I do agree that very high humidity can take is toll on .22LR ammo.
    Last edited by PA PATRIOT; 09-14-12 at 14:31.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

On the spreading edge of the butter knife
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a Ruger MkIII/Paclite that I put together specifically for SHTF (okay, and just general fun).

The configuration is very flexible and at a bear minimum allows taking small game, suppressed or un-suppressed, in a small, quiet and packable unit. And as was already mentioned, you can carry hundreds of rounds fairly easily.
    Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter. -- Ernest Hemingway

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    How about the old henry survival rifle? I admit I have always wanted one.

https://www.google.com/search?q=henr...w=1280&bih=579

Anyone have experience with them?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Phila PD, thanks for the dog story. I have not been to Maine since the 70s.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    not damaged, just sitting in a very humid, and sometimes water prone fargo basement. about a 20% failure rate with those rounds. im glad you guys are having luck with your older rounds. i just learned an expensive lesson in ammo storage that only my 22 rounds seemed to be affected. now all my ammo is in metal cans with rechargeable desiccant packs. i heard people putting pieces of sheetrock in thier ammo cans too because they absorb moisture as well.
    Red Rider BB gun - Lever Action
    Daisy Model 10 BB gun
    Crosman CO2 BB Pistol
    Daisy F16 Slingshot
    McDonalds Straw and spitballs

Can you believe people actually list thier guns as a signature?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast