Thread: Has anybody done Todd Green's FAST drill with a revolver?

Feedback Score

Has anybody done Todd Green's FAST drill with a revolver?

Specifically a J frame. Also wondering what some times were.

I tried the other day with a friend's Smith 442. 9 awful seconds or so. With my groups not being nearly as good as they should be.

I don't own a revolver anyway, so I guess it's a non issue. But it was fun, and I was wondering if other people were doing it.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The reload is what keeps me from trying it. If I had a speed loader I might try it, but then I would be gaming the drill. When I do carry the j-frame, if I bother with extra ammo it is at best in a speed strip. I can't imagine how long it would take me on the clock to get four in the cylinder off the strip.

Between this and Greg's j-frame thread, I might have to break out the 442 and put it on the clock. That might be what pushes me to buy the apex spring kit and laser grips, though.

Feedback Score
    Never tried a revolver, but I do run it from time to time as a one handed incapacitation drill.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Never tried a revolver, but I do run it from time to time as a one handed incapacitation drill.
    I do that too. What would your average time be with something like a G19?

LHO = 7.5 or so for me.
    SHO = 7.3 or so. Shooting is a little faster, but reloading is the same.
    Both hands strong hand = 5.4 or so is average for me. 4.8 is my fastest on it ever. That I can recall. I've written down and recorded my times, but I don't have my log right now.

The reason I got so bad on the revolver one (both hands, strong hand) is because

A.) I'm not an amazing revolver shooter.
    B.) Full power loads. Makes recoil, with a short barrel suck.
    C.) I reloaded with a speed strip. I don't have access to speed loaders because I'm not a revolver shooter.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.