Thread: Battle Rattle

Feedback Score

Battle Rattle

The adjustable metal buckle on my VICKERS COMBAT APPLICATIONS SLING touches the handguard on my SPR at times making noises (albeit small noises) that are disconcerting during a sneak. Any suggestions for how best to silence this click and rattle?

Feedback Score
    I would try a 2" piece of elastic loop. Skin it over the buckle, leaving the pull strap exposed. If you need to adjust, grab the strap and pull, which should move the elastic aside.

As a field expedient, just tape it in place.
    Working for Crossfire Australia, a military rucksack and load-bearing equipment company. Still doing limited design and development of nylon LBE.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Diz View Post
    As a field expedient, just tape it in place.

yep quick fix

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the suggestion, Diz and Touch. I will give it a try.

KYPD

Feedback Score
    Ranger bands are also useful for quieting down kit.

I'll usually make them out of both 700c road bike tubes and 20" BMX bike tubes, cut in various segments from 1/2"-2".

They're cheap and you wind up with a BUNCH. More than enough for you and a couple of buddies.

Feedback Score
    I made a Ranger band out of a bike innertube, and slitted it to fit the metal adjuster, and then assembled the sling around it. It works very well indeed. Blue Force Gear should include one with each sling!

Thanks for the great ideas!!

KPYD

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I adjusted my sling so that the buckle isn' anywhere near the handguards so this was not an issue. Have you tried this? Good luck!!
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I