Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Snagged a Winchester M70 Compact

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    roger that, all Winchesters are made at the SC FN plant and all barrels are hammer forged.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I honestly thought winchester arms was kaput.
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lethal dose View Post
    I honestly thought winchester arms was kaput.
    I too thought they were done. At one time they were. I believe FN procured the rights to the M70 action and have been using is several years.

The Winchesters being made in SC made me so very happy. When Marlin went belly up and Remington made some changes that were not for the best. Marlin used to be my favorite utility rifle manufacturer. I still love my marlins but I won't buy a new one because I can't stand the thick stocks and there is discussion many have had to go back to Remington for assembly issues.

With all this said I can see me wanting another Winchester!!
    Brian Goode
    NC Knifemaker
    http://www.bgoodeknives.com

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    They making lever guns?! If so, I AM buying one.
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    48 (100%)
    Beauty of a deer rifle. I hope the next pic you post will be of the rifle laying across a freshly downed whitetail.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I love the 7mm08 round! Been shooting it since it came out. I've got the Win Extreme Weather coming in the same caliber. Not only is that rifle a good deer stand rifle is makes for an easy walking gun also. I carried my old Remington Mtn rifle on a Montana elk hunt 5 years ago and didn't even know it was on my shoulder. The Win Compact is basically the same dimensions.

You've got a great looking rifle there.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Lethal

They don't make lever guns. Not sure but I think Henry Rifles are all American made. Don't quote me on that though!!

I tok hope this guy gets a deer this year. I'm taking muzzle loader in in a couple weeks. No shots available with my bow but I'll take bow in one day this weekend so maybe that will change.
    Brian Goode
    NC Knifemaker

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I really like this rifle!!! This is the best I could do at 100 yards today. I'm not a guy that has had a lot of bench shooting practice. NC hunting is super brushy

Brian Goode
    NC Knifemaker

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bgoode View Post
    I really like this rifle!!! This is the best I could do at 100 yards today. I'm not a guy that has had a lot of bench shooting practice. NC hunting is super brushy
    Looks like a sheet of paper. What size circle is that? ~3-4"?
    Last edited by ST911; 09-22-12 at 20:56.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    I have a Model 70 Featherweight in .308 that I use for deer hunting in NC. I had a couple of issues with mine when I first got it. The extractor didn't work right and the safety was goofed up from the factory. I discovered the safety issue on the range when I tried to pull the trigger with the safety on (by accident). I took my finger out of the trigger guard and tripped the safety lever and the gun went off. Tried it again (no ammo in the chamber this time) and the same thing happened. Had to take it to get it fixed. Since that, no problems at all.
    Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my AR.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast