Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Short Dot questions...

Feedback Score
    Dave, good stuff...thanks bro.

I just caculated some data for the CQB reticle...here is a graph showing the drop for 55grain FMJ and 75BTHP out of a 12.5 barrel, numbers vary for the 16inchers.....

55grain:

75grain:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Derek

Nice diagrams. What BC and velocities are you using for the respective bullets.

Thanks

Nick

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick S View Post
    Derek

Nice diagrams. What BC and velocities are you using for the respective bullets.

Thanks

Nick
    Hey Nick - I was using some conservative velocity #s, I will have my own specific data chrony'd tomorrow

But for the 55grain I was using a 0.272 BC with 2950fps out of a 12.5 barrel
    For the 75grain I was using a 0.395BC with a 2425fps out of a 12.5 barrel

If you plug in data for 77grain, it gives you about 50yards less per 0.5mil in the reticle as compared to 55grain bullet

Feedback Score

have extra stickers - interested?

Derek (and anyone else that may be interested)

I have some extra sheets of the sticker paper that I need to get rid of. My daughter and wife want photo stickers (that stick) for themselves and can't see myself throwing out this batch of paper, just b/c it doesn't stick as well as it used to.

If you want a set of stickers, printed with YOUR dope, PM me for an address to send a SASE (self-addressed stamped envelope) so I can mail you a sheet. Each sheet has 2 LARGE and 8 SMALL stickers - each sticker can be unique if you like. I'll keep printing until I use up my supply.

***using double-sided scotch tape solves the problem - just did mine again. Peel, turn upside down, apply tape, trim with scissors, and then apply to stock or scope. Obviously, you want to remove any oil from surface first - alcohol works well

Guidelines:

1. B&W only, no funny colors. No boldface, no italics, etc.
    2. 4 columns max; can leave out MOA if you like (or don't have a BDC)
    3. 14 distance points max
    4. You are responsible for generating the data (and its accuracy) you wish to be printed, preferably sent as a spreadsheet file, or NEATLY formatted word file.
    5. SASE should be big enough to fit a 6" x 6" print w/o folding.

Regards,

Dave.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123