Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT Enhanced bolt

Feedback Score

LMT Enhanced Bolt

Will the LMT Enhanced bolt fit inside you stock Bolt Carrier Group (BCG) or do you have to buy the LMT enhanced bolt with the LMT BCG?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AR15barrels View Post
    thanks for sharing the picture!it really helps to understand the concept!

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    It will fit in a standard carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by rkrobert86 View Post
    Will the LMT Enhanced bolt fit inside you stock Bolt Carrier Group (BCG) or do you have to buy the LMT enhanced bolt with the LMT BCG?
    B.A.S. Mechanical Engineering Technology

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Word is that the bolt is made of Aermet which some say is 2.5 times stronger than Carpenter 158 series steel. (Both are form Carepenter)

Also, two more points:

1.) The springs just last and last. I am well over 10K rounds and the springs are still happy and strong.

2) The carrier kely on mine came loose arond 14K rounds(only realy gripe to date). Upon removal prior to re-tightening it, I discovered somthing unusual, the gas hole into the carrier from the key had a divider in it, it was bifrucated.
    Last edited by Heavy Metal; 12-07-12 at 14:35.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Have any of you used the enhanced BCG and bolt with a mid length gas system and A5 receiver extension ?
    Last edited by og556; 12-07-12 at 15:07.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by og556 View Post
    Have any of you used the enhanced BCG and bolt with a mid length gas system and A5 receiver extension ?

To my understanding you would be better off just using the LMT Enhanced Bolt and skipping the Enhanced Bolt Carrier, for your particular setup. You did not mention which length but if you're running a middy w/ an A5 given that it's not overgassed then you prob would not benefit from the carrier at all.

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    That makes sense.

Just out of curiosity if one were to run a carrier like this with a 16" mid length would it possibly cause issues due to how much gas it bleeds off ?

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    2) The carrier kely on mine came loose arond 14K rounds(only realy gripe to date). Upon removal prior to re-tightening it, I discovered somthing unusual, the gas hole into the carrier from the key had a divider in it, it was bifrucated.
    By chance did you happen to take a photo?
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    LMT developed their enhanced bolt and carrier because SOCOM asked for them -- then cancelled. They "Fix" what was identified by the customer as weaknesses. They're actually very effective for extending the life of components in both the 14.5 and 16-inchers, but are not absolutely necessary (especially if you have on-the-ball weapons maintainers).

Of all the LMT improvements I like the re-engineered cam pin slot (delaying unlocking) and the added gas vent ports.

Feedback Score
    I'm kind of digging the full contact bolt face. Looks like it removes most (if not all) of the sheer force from the extractor pin.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast