Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comp ML3 or eotech

Feedback Score

Comp ML3 or eotech

I am getting ready to purchase my first optic to go with my first AR. I will be using it at the range and plinking around my property. The rifle is a 16" LMT. I was looking at the comp ML3 on a larue mount or one of the eotechs. I have read extensivly through the pages on this forum and I still cant make a decision. somebody help!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You are in the situation that many people find themselves in. If this is not for defensive or duty use and mostly for fun, just choose the one that you like the best. The Aimpoint is more rugged and has much more battery life. I feel like I'm a little faster on target with the Eotech, but in the long run for me the Aimpoint wins out. I think both are excellent sights however. Pick one try it out, if you immediately don't like it sell it for a minimal loss (consider it the price to play), then by the other one. If in the future it becomes more for defensive purposed, your life will be worth the few dollars spent to make the decision.

Feedback Score
    I like Aimpoint, but I'd go with a C3 given your intended application.

It won't break the bank on a plinker and should you decide to do more with your carbine in the future you won't need to change optics.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    I own both and have to agree with Blake. I'm faster on target with the Eotech but they both are great choices.

out to 100 yards you can't go wrong with either.

Just remember to add the cost of the mounts when deciding if cost is an issue. I have my Eotech mounted with no additional mounts and never have had a problem. My Aimpoint is anchored by a LaRue Cantilever mount.

Good Luck !
    Tzoid

Texan raised in " The Peoples Republic of Maryland"

"RRA- if they came with a blow job I wouldn't take one." - Pat Rogers

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    aimpoint all the way.

We got a bunch of eotechs with the SOPMOD block II and have had nothing but problems. The aimpoint is a much more solid system.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    aimpoint all the way.

We got a bunch of eotechs with the SOPMOD block II and have had nothing but problems. The aimpoint is a much more solid system.
    Ditto- have had nothing but problems with EOTECHs... If they would have spent half the money on research and optic development as they did on advertising they might have came out ok but even then...

You cant beat Aimpoints quality and durability. Plus it gives you more mounting options.
    TRAVIS HALEY
    Founder | CEO
    Haley Strategic Partners, LLC.
    http://haleystrategic.com/

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Check out the chart here

Definitely suggest the C3. G&R Tactical has package deals with the optic and mount in the $450 range.

panzerr Guest
    Aimpoint -because they are uber durable. Between both of my deployments (22 months overseas total) I didn't see a single Aimpoint in my company shit the bed -and we were never kind to our issue gear.

...and with a battery life of 50,000 hours (almost six years) you can leave it on ALL THE TIME and not worry about having to fire it up to defend against the Canadian hordes.

If you do go Aimpoint, get the 2 MOA version -you can use a lower setting for 2 MOA or crank it up all the way for 4 MOA. And don't waste your money on the NVG compatible version.

Feedback Score
    Aimpoint. Because from my good experiences with them, I've seen too much of what Simply Dynamic mentioned.
    Yup, I'm a Dinosaur!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by panzerr View Post
    And don't waste your money on the NVG compatible version.
    And unless you dive deeper than 5m with it, the C3 is the same as an ML3. It even comes in 2 MOA. Put the money saved over an ML3 toward an LT mount. Last time I checked, it was only $10 more than the ADM.
    Last edited by Submariner; 02-12-08 at 00:48. Reason: Add quote.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast