Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New cover with lens caps for Aimpoint Micro

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    It looks like a great idea, but it seems like the lense covers would block my vision around the optic.
    "You have never lived until you have almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know." - Written by an unknown soldier in Vietnam.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Ill take one and maybe another down the road.

Sending cash your way when I get home.

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    Definitely something to consider down the road. Thanks for sharing!!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    That's a great idea. How about a picture of the field of view with the cover installed and the caps open?

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Nice idea, although I would prefer just a protective cover for the body of the T1 without the lense covers. Be sure to keep us updated!
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    unclerandy - I'm thinking FDE and black. Maybe a foliage green or greyish color as well.

Doc Cylindros - Thanks! Once stowed the lens caps are very unobtrusive, especially on the latest prototype. They pretty much disappear from the sight picture.

Voodoo_Man, RMiller - Thanks!

panzerr - the Micro is pretty built as it is, but it's easy enough to cut the lens caps off.

titanse05 - I've attached a picture here. This picture has a few things working against it.
    1) the perspective of the camera exaggerating the protrusion.
    2) the white color makes it stand out more. good for camera, but not representative of sight picture.
    3) this is the revision 4 prototype. Revision 5 will be here this week and holds the caps tighter to the body.

Speaking of the white color, that was for the sake of the video. I know I'll take a few jabs for it, but the tone of the video and website is intentionally vague and humorous in order to blend in with kickstarter. I've already gotten the "is that a scope for a sniper rifle?" question... I'll be following up with more "user-friendly" video on the range with the latest prototype.
    Last edited by ruf; 09-18-12 at 12:04.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Thanks for those pictures but a picture of the field of view while installed on the rifle would be nice.

Looks like you are very close to having a great product.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ruf View Post
    Doc Cylindros - Thanks! Once stowed the lens caps are very unobtrusive, especially on the latest prototype. They pretty much disappear from the sight picture.
    Okay, I guess I have to be "that guy".

How about a version with transparent covers for emergency use without opening the lens caps?

Also, where do we buy these and how much are they going to be?

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Look's awesome! I'll be backing this project. FDE looks nice.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Looks like a cool project, I hope you have a successful launch!

Make the caps clear using a quality plastic. Hell, you could do a stand alone clear cap that would sell, and sell well IMHO.

Truth be told the T1 is damn near bomb proof as it sits, so while the caps could be useful in shit weather, the shell is not really something that is needed.

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast