Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New cover with lens caps for Aimpoint Micro

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ruf View Post
    unclerandy - I'm thinking FDE and black. Maybe a foliage green or greyish color as well.
    Seriously consider an orange for those running micros on LL, gas guns, and launchers. You won't sell a lot of them, but some would appreciate it the bright orange ball on top of gun.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Great ideas, guys and thanks for the support.

Fire - Thanks!

Skintop911 - I think a grey-ish version might make a great base for painting orange or whatever color you need to ID.

Doc Glockster, d90king - Co-molding a clear insert would be pretty expensive, and also sacrifice durability. As you pointed out the Micro is pretty bombproof, and the protective cover element isn't nearly as important as keeping the lenses clear for a critical shot in crap conditions. Can't shoot what you can't see. I made the same comment in Military Times Gear Scout, which I STILL can't believe we were featured in!

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gears...int-t-1-micro/

Feedback Score
    Ok, it's getting exciting and a little bit scary now. We made Soldier Systems:

http://soldiersystems.net/2012/09/20...-micro-optics/

Some interesting comments from interesting folks...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've been following the development of this accessory over at LF for a while. It has been interesting watching it progress and I am quite impressed with the "collaborative" effort that it has taken to get this project this far, I have also been impressed with the industry response. I am already in for 5, I may just jump in for a few more. Still a month to go to get this funded and there is a long way to go meet the $20K needed.
    Last edited by kmrtnsn; 09-21-12 at 17:20.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    Seriously consider an orange for those running micros on LL, gas guns, and launchers. You won't sell a lot of them, but some would appreciate it the bright orange ball on top of gun.
    Maybe even training blue?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kmrtnsn View Post
    Maybe even training blue?
    You bet. I need orange first though.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Something like these may cause me to reconsider changing out my M4s for a T1.. Unless... There's applications in development for other optic platforms..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yeah. As of right now I'm in for one. If anything, more.
    Last edited by loganp0916; 09-21-12 at 20:26.
    “WE THE PEOPLE are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

~ Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    What will happen if you don't meet your goal by the time period? Is that a dead set date or can you slip it to the right if need be?

Feedback Score
    If you guys ever come out with see through lenses like the ones made for the M4, i'll take 3 of them...
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast