Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Civilians & Home Defense

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz
    Sweet!!

So how does the little white one work? I can pretty much guess at the others
    Ever use a bug bomb?

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1967
    OC Grenade would do more harm to your dog than anything....other than that I concur.
    I much prefer to use CS, but not in my own home. While OC is not going to stop anyone in their tracks, it would show a jury that you tried to use a non-lethal form of defense.

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No, I don't have that problem! I can figure it out though. I think I need one of the $40 CS "tactical" models for photoshoots...

can a civilian buy one?

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz
    No, I don't have that problem! I can figure it out though. I think I need one of the $40 CS "tactical" models for photoshoots...

can a civilian buy one?

CS is 100% legal for Civy's to own. My own requirement is that you fax me an ID so I can make sure your over 18.

C4

Feedback Score
    There is no way I would use OC in my house as my family and I may hurt worse than the perp.

I have used OC in very close quarters and if enough is used it could possibly incapacitate everyone in the household. If you said what is the problem with that you need to know that that stuff effects everyone differently.

I have seen and sprayed gallons of that stuff on people (while on duty) and the guy that has done alot of jail or prison time is sort of used to the stuff. Alot of them can function through it!

Can you????

There have been countless times where LEOs get killed or assaulted after they deploy OC spray on the same guy that woops there butt.

My position is that it has a use, but for defending your home from boarders I would recommend that lead at a few thousand feet per second be the order of the day. That is if you are in fear for your life......or the life of your family.............

By the way, I think that is the key line that you are to say, if you say anything to an LEO after sending the lead down range.

You must be able to explain yourself in court, or at least hire an outstanding attorney that will be able to assist in your defense.

One more note.....for anyone that thinks they are going to have enough time to rack that 870 as they are searching the house..... get real.....charge that thing up....shit happens real fast. The reason for my last comment is that I conducted active shooter simunitions training in my Dept. with our 870s and over half of out people didn't have one in the pipe as they were searching for the shooter (me). It was a great day to be the bad guy!!!

Be careful out there and keep your head down.....on your front sight.

G

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GastonG-NoVa
    There is no way I would use OC in my house as my family and I may hurt worse than the perp.

I have used OC in very close quarters and if enough is used it could possibly incapacitate everyone in the household. If you said what is the problem with that you need to know that that stuff effects everyone differently.

I have seen and sprayed gallons of that stuff on people (while on duty) and the guy that has done alot of jail or prison time is sort of used to the stuff. Alot of them can function through it!

Can you????

There have been countless times where LEOs get killed or assaulted after they deploy OC spray on the same guy that woops there butt.

My position is that it has a use, but for defending your home from boarders I would recommend that lead at a few thousand feet per second be the order of the day. That is if you are in fear for your life......or the life of your family.............

By the way, I think that is the key line that you are to say, if you say anything to an LEO after sending the lead down range.

You must be able to explain yourself in court, or at least hire an outstanding attorney that will be able to assist in your defense.

One more note.....for anyone that thinks they are going to have enough time to rack that 870 as they are searching the house..... get real.....charge that thing up....shit happens real fast. The reason for my last comment is that I conducted active shooter simunitions training in my Dept. with our 870s and over half of out people didn't have one in the pipe as they were searching for the shooter (me). It was a great day to be the bad guy!!!

Be careful out there and keep your head down.....on your front sight.

G
    I have been hit with both OC and CS (tear gas). OC isn't that bad when compared to CS!

Being able to justify yourself to the law is the hole point of this thread. In most States you cannot shoot a home invader unless they have a weapon. If they don't have weapon and you shoot them, then you might be looking at manslaughter. OC gas is a simple, non lethal way to say that you did everything you could to get them out of your home.

Every bullet has a lawyer attached to it.

C4

Feedback Score
    Once again, I am glad to live where I do.

I personally hesitate to give out too many details on my plans and preparations in public, but thats just me.

And having had first hand experience with CS..........thats some nasty stuff.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye
    Once again, I am glad to live where I do.

I personally hesitate to give out too many details on my plans and preparations in public, but thats just me.

And having had first hand experience with CS..........thats some nasty stuff.
    I agree, but wanted people to start thinking about what they would do in a home invasion situation (don't think people put much thought into it). People also don't have ANY idea about their States laws.

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Very interesting thread. A couple of observations from my experiences:

-Know the law in your jurisdiction. Don't guess, don't take internet info, find out. Every state is different. Some have retreat provisions, some don't. If you own a gun, know the laws. I'll leave the ignoring them or do what you have to do parts to you own judgment.

-How many people die in horror movies in this scenario: "Oh, I hear a noise. You stay here..I'll go look." Secure your family and room and stay put if it tactically sound to do so. I knew of a course by a rather well known instructor that had people in a home burglary situation secure their family and then clear the house. WTF? Let me get this right, I have my loved ones safe, police are on the way, bad guys are quite content with looting and leaving and I'm going to go hunt them? This guy was serious. I left.

-Because of some job related unpleasantness, I have taken precautions above what most would do. Cutting the phone lines is a very common tactic but most alarm systems, like mine, automatically send the 911 call when cut. 500 watt halogen floods take care of the yard (GE, we bring good things to light!) Maybe even a CCC or two.

I have the advantage of a two floor colonial home with only one stairway up. My bedroom and my daughter's are upstairs. You can have all of the fun you want on the first floor and basement. Drink my scotch, smoke my cigars, take the silver...whatever. But the stairs are no man's land. The master bedroom has a reinforced door with a deadbolt. Some items within:

cell phones
    M4
    SF lights
    BOK
    pistol
    vest
    NVG

I have a dummy claymore that I wanted to put on a shelf at the top of the stairs but HH6 nixed that. Would have given pause though.

So if it all goes to plan, we stay snug and wait for the po-po to arrive. If not...well then to each his own. Again, do what you think you have to.

Take it from me. There is no better feeling on Earth than to see the reaction on some POS's face when he is getting arraigned and he finds out who you are for the first time. By the time he's done, he wished he went up those stairs instead.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Amen Brother! I taught a no light/low light class at the local gun club and the look of shock when I told them to NEVER search their house alone or "investigate that bump in the night" was funny.

My personal opinion is that you SHOULD have a bullet proof vest in the bedroom along with hearing protection! Or better yet, just get a can so you don't wake the kids!

C4

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast