Page 12 of 98 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Swiss SIG 553 pistols have hit the US market

Feedback Score
    Howdy everybody,

I've been lurking for a while and finally registered for an account. Just got back from Shot Show where my goals were to find M+M, handle the 553 pistol and SBR with my own hands and also hopefully meet Mike Otte. I did all three and while at the show I also ordered and paid for two of each SG553P, that's two rail and two diopter weapons.

Planning to SBR one of each eventually, a commando config seems a no brainer and I see it becoming quickly my favorite carbine, mostly due to its size and Swiss-ness.

For those of you who ordered these, which variant did you order and why? I see greater utility from the rail model but for aesthetic and historical reasons a diopter model seems more true to the 55x line. I'm hoping to add rail extensions to the diopter models as well, for maximum flexibility.

Hope to talk more now that I'm definitely in the "all Swiss" 55x club now with my recent purchases -- my 551-A1 doesn't really count, in fact buying it last year only made me want to get my hands on real Swiss Sig rifles even more, it didn't satiate my wants as I'd hoped.

wayne

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I wanted the rail 553 to SBR & stick a T1 on. I'm also going to jump on one of the 551-2SP SWATs. I have always wanted a Swiss SIG & an HK94. Ever since I started reading gun rags I've wanted them. I've been in a pinch the past 2 years as me & the Bride have been planning & building our house. We've done literially 95% of all the work just us & with some immediate family labor help. We are finishing that up and I finally got into a position to jump on those firearms, at about perfect timing it seems too. I can 't wait to get them in hand & Mike Otte has been overly helpful in the deal. I highly recommend him.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickers View Post
    Ok word is the 553's are sold out ( not sure if that means the importer has no more but Michaels Machine does or everyone is sold out ? ) - they plan on ordering more

I'm glad I have my SBR'd 553 - it is a great addition to the collection and shoot like a champ

I burned the Gunsite scrambler down with it for my TV show TacTV with my first cold run- it is a sweet blaster !!

LAV
    Here's a link to the pertinent parts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0uZBYXfOxI&sns=em

Feedback Score
    Hello all,

I know this is my first post, but I've been following this thread and lurking around M4Carbine for a little bit. I've been over on AR15.com for a few years. I'm a huge SG55X series fan and I MUST have one of these. I bought a 551-A1 last year thinking that was as good as it was going to get for me, then I find out about this.

Having seen Mr. Vickers' post above, what is the best way to get on the waiting list for the next round of 553P's when (if, fingers crossed) they come in? Does anyone have contact info for Mr. Otte? Is he the best contact to make this dream a reality? Any help is appreciated guys.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Don't listen to them Steyr! Art is timeless and you have a beautiful collection.
    " In War, Strife, and Acts of Bravery, it's always the strong one's that get taken from the GENE POOL......and we wonder why society is getting weaker!!!" - by me

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueSonPatriot1985 View Post
    Hello all,

I know this is my first post, but I've been following this thread and lurking around M4Carbine for a little bit. I've been over on AR15.com for a few years. I'm a huge SG55X series fan and I MUST have one of these. I bought a 551-A1 last year thinking that was as good as it was going to get for me, then I find out about this.

Having seen Mr. Vickers' post above, what is the best way to get on the waiting list for the next round of 553P's when (if, fingers crossed) they come in? Does anyone have contact info for Mr. Otte? Is he the best contact to make this dream a reality? Any help is appreciated guys.
    Google michaels machines and you can get his contact info easy. Very responsive.
    "Life is short, but the years are long." - Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hootiewho View Post
    Please God let it be a Sniper.
    Close but no cigar, the SAPR was one of them....
    Last edited by Sigmax; 01-26-13 at 17:13.
    “Like a sword, a word can wound or kill, but as long as one does not touch the blade, the sword is no more than a smooth piece of steel. Someone who knows the qualities of a sword does not play with it, and someone who knows the nature of words does not play with them.”-- Miyamoto Misashi

Feedback Score
    Well I went ahead and picked one of the 553 pistols up from Mike's Machines. Got it in today at my local FFL. I will start the Form 1 paper work tomorrow. I'm stoked!

Now...Where can I find a SAN Swiss stock to put on it when the stamp comes back?
    Last edited by TrueSonPatriot1985; 02-05-13 at 00:01.
    "This is my Shield. I bear it before me into battle, but it is not mine alone. It protects my Brother on the left. It protects my City. I will never let my Brother out of it's shadow, or my City out of it's shelter. I will die with my Shield before me, facing the enemy." -Gates of Fire

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Ordered a diopter 553, hopefully I'll have it in a few weeks so I can start paperwork on it.
    "Life is short, but the years are long." - Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    retracted
    Last edited by pointblank4445; 03-27-13 at 13:29.

Page 12 of 98 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast