Page 13 of 98 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Swiss SIG 553 pistols have hit the US market

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So, these 553's Have been out for a a while and I haven't been hearing much. Are you guys shooting these? Also, how do you feel on the build quality say when compared to an older 55X you may have?

Also, a little off subject but a Sigg SBR nonetheless. What is it in this video? The title and the comments would have you think it's in original Swiss gun but it looks to me like a Swiss lower with a 556 P upper. You can even see the tall diopter and tall front site. The lower is gray and the upper is black. Also, the charging handle is not a 552 charging handle. If it is a 556 upper then how in the world is it legal with select fire? I would guess grinding a slit in the rail so the select fire lower would function with a 556 upper wouldn't be hard but I highly doubt they would post that on the Internet. Is it possibly a LE sample or something?

http://youtu.be/6gtr49gle_A

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Looks like a 556p upper on a SIG 551a1 lower....about a year ago SIG was selling the complete lower with 2 SAN mags for like 349.00

looks like maybe a SOT or the factory is marketing a select fire version.
    " In War, Strife, and Acts of Bravery, it's always the strong one's that get taken from the GENE POOL......and we wonder why society is getting weaker!!!" - by me

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyboy333 View Post
    So, these 553's Have been out for a a while and I haven't been hearing much. Are you guys shooting these? Also, how do you feel on the build quality say when compared to an older 55X you may have?
    Mine is still sitting at my FFL's shop in NC. I can answer your questions in July.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    What's the best way to get the stock cap pin out when one gets their SBR paperwork back?

Does it have to be drilled out?
    "Life is short, but the years are long." - Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    What's the best way to get the stock cap pin out when one gets their SBR paperwork back?

Does it have to be drilled out? It does not need to be drilled, It comes out very easily.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    How?

"Life is short, but the years are long." - Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by armakraut View Post
    How?

I just used a small punch and a hammer to tap it out. Wasn't hard at all.
    "This is my Shield. I bear it before me into battle, but it is not mine alone. It protects my Brother on the left. It protects my City. I will never let my Brother out of it's shadow, or my City out of it's shelter. I will die with my Shield before me, facing the enemy." -Gates of Fire

Feedback Score
    When I purchased my 553 from Mikes Machines, it came with the swiss style flash hider made for the B&T rotex suppressors. Doesn't anyone know if the FH is also compatible with a gemtech halo?
    THanks

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    For you guys that bought & SBR'ed them, how are they running?

I thought I'd bump this one, as they are still available: http://sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/semi4s...=2;read=259810
    "A 'sporting purpose' is what we use to describe actions taken with a football." -S.W.A.T. Magazine

"...if you are cruising the ghetto looking for crack and tranny hookers and you shoot their transgender pimp for staring at you the wrong way, then yeah, you might have a problem." -Iraqgunz

Feedback Score
    These are slick guns - if you EVER wanted an actual Swiss made 550 series weapon and for whatever reason could not pull it off I strongly urge you to buy one of these - look at it as the last chance to get a real 550 of any kind

Or you could wait 5 years when these are long gone and sucked into personal collections and when they pop up you could pay $7500 to $8000 .....

It's your call.....

Page 13 of 98 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast