Page 41 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: Swiss SIG 553 pistols have hit the US market

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PGT View Post
    24 hours, a liberal amount of Kroil and heat broke loose the thread locker on my B&T rail. Too bad I don't have a 7mm open-ended wrench small enough to install it.

I did a quick testfit w/ a spare Vortex Sparc and its too tall to cowitness (not unexpected). The same optic does work however on my railed 553. I had bought an Aimpoint H1 for the Diopter gun but looks like it will find another home and I'll just run irons.
    Nice! Glad to hear you were able to remove the set screw. I find that I don't really like red dot optics on HKs or SIGs with diopters. There is too much clutter for my liking.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 12-22-15 at 23:27.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sigswiss View Post
    922(r).
    If a U.S. made 5.56x45 ak mag is a narrower mag than the 7.62x39 and would work with slight modification, then = 3 compliance parts.

Not compatible components. The follower is much different in a 7.62 rifle than a 5.56.

Feedback Score
    Hey JoshNC, was wondering if you know how many models Swiss Arms produces with the pic rails on top? SG553, SG553R, SG751 are the only ones that seem to have them on their website. Don't know if they have updated all the models now though. Would seem just as important on a 550. Hoping the 551 has them...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kunc View Post
    Hey JoshNC, was wondering if you know how many models Swiss Arms produces with the pic rails on top? SG553, SG553R, SG751 are the only ones that seem to have them on their website. Don't know if they have updated all the models now though. Would seem just as important on a 550. Hoping the 551 has them...
    I believe they offer all 55x as rail or diopter models. In speaking with Dave from JDI, he stated that all of the uppers being imported will be rail models.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Josh, on that JDI website all the conversion kits say w/o Receiver. But Have you heard that he is bringing Upper recievers in? Will they be Available as a stripped upper only (no barrel, bolt etc)? This will be sweet!

Feedback Score
    I don't understand the w/o receiver part. The upper receiver is the serial numbered part, right? Plus, the price makes me think that the receiver has to be included. Perhaps I'm missing something.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I know everything seems like the receiver should be Included. Maybe itS referring to the lower. Although i doubt it because that seems pretty obvious considering it's not in the pic. I don't know

Eta: yes the upper is the serialized Part

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The lower is absent. I spoke with Dave on the phone and these are complete barreled uppers. The upper is the serialized component. I'm not sure how these were able to be approved for import. But I'm excited to see this come to fruition. You have to pre-order to get it in stock.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 01-01-16 at 18:16.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Could he just import them Under the pistol "classification" since there's no Stock?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyboy333 View Post
    Could he just import them Under the pistol "classification" since there's no Stock?
    +1, that's what I'd think. If you can import a complete pistol, then I don't see why a frame with a barrel assembly would be a problem. Think of importing a Makarov without the slide. You'd get the barrel and serialized frame (receiver), but it wouldn't be complete.

Page 41 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast