Page 42 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: Swiss SIG 553 pistols have hit the US market

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyboy333 View Post
    Could he just import them Under the pistol "classification" since there's no Stock?
    I believe that is how they are being imported.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Oh ok. This is going to be great if this comes to fruition and at the listed prices. I meaN unless im misunderstanding something, i can get a NIB 55x for $2600! As much as i wanted pull the trigger on the 553p's, in the end I talked my self out of it. I will not have the will-power to do so on a 551 upper for 1600. And At that price i doubt I'll even have an ounce of remorse ��

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyboy333 View Post
    Oh ok. This is going to be great if this comes to fruition and at the listed prices. I meaN unless im misunderstanding something, i can get a NIB 55x for $2600! As much as i wanted pull the trigger on the 553p's, in the end I talked my self out of it. I will not have the will-power to do so on a 551 upper for 1600. And At that price i doubt I'll even have an ounce of remorse ��
    Technically you will need 922(r) parts, which will set you back another $300 or so.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thats True. I'm thinki might have some us parts laying around

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    What are the current US parts people are using?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NongShim View Post
    What are the current US parts people are using?
    The 551 needs five US parts, while the 553 needs 6.

Options:
    Bolt carrier (556)
    Hammer (556 or shooting sight)
    Trigger (556)
    Sear (556 or shooting sight)
    Gas piston (556...only compatible with 551)
    Flash hider (only applicable to 553....has 1/2x28 thread)
    Pistol grip (Hogue or Manticore....both are F-U-G-L-Y)
    Stock (SAN, SPG tech, or DDLES m4 adapter)
    Mag follower (would need to be a custom 3D print job. Not currently available)
    Mag floorplate (would need to be a custom 3D print job. Not currently available)

Feedback Score
    Well, the promag mod worked and functioned. I ran a quick 20 rounds through the 552 with it, so I'm calling it 3 compliance parts. I still haven't decided to fire the 553 yet, but it fit even more snugly in the aluminum lower.
    This was a Promag AK-223 (WASR-3) .223 30rd AK-A5 mag. Sku # 7 0827900730 9.

It's just a $10 mag (and overpriced by 100%), but I wanted to try it once before going on to possibly an SGM mag -which is next.
    Only common diy tools were used. A measuring device, hacksaw, file, utility knife, 2 drill bits, a pair of needle nose vise grips, and a screw driver.
    The measurement for determining exactly where to stop removing plastic in order to create the "horizontal stop rib" (which butts up against the receiver) was the most critical, as well as removing plastic from the rear of the magazine that could touch, or bother in any way, the SAN receiver's LRBHO lever.
    Only about 1/64" needed to be removed from each side. This was done by using a combination of the hacksaw blade and the end of the file -which was used only to "scrape" away plastic evenly on each side until it fit. The front part of the feed lips were cut off in order for it to feed correctly, as well as the rear AK tab. A piece of plastic that was the right thickness was then held in place with the vise grips, and screwed onto the back of the mag by drilling a pilot hole with a small bit, and then using an appropriately larger bit to counter sink the screw -a very small screw purchased at a hobby shop.

The follower and it's spring will also fit into the SAN mag, and along with a homemade floor plate would count for 2 compliance parts. I'll test fire that shortly, but I'd really like to see the SGM followers first.

Hey, as soon as someone says "I've got U.S. 55x mags for sale", I'm all in. Until then, I'll swim upstream to keep my new stock, grip, bolt, etc! I suggest that no one tries this modification. It could be dangerous, and in no way am I responsible for what you do!
    Here is a before and after on the Promag, and floor plate. Laugh with me or at me, -as long as we're laughing!

553Promag before and after.jpg553Floorplate.jpg553Floorplate1.jpg553Floorplate3.jpg553Promag2.jpg
    Last edited by sigswiss; 01-05-16 at 08:22.

Feedback Score
    I told geissele they should make a refined trigger and sell it as part of a high quality 922r kit

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 68ar15 View Post
    I told geissele they should make a refined trigger and sell it as part of a high quality 922r kit
    That would really be welcomed.

I just received some triggers and pistol grip from Sig Sour, and the packet for the pistol grip proudly says "Made in India"! -I wonder if it is considered a 922(r) compliance part?! This was the "new style" grip. Another "old school" grip is on the way.. I'm looking forward to seeing where it was made?

IMG_0061.jpg

Feedback Score
    Old style 556 grip -"Made in Israel". I wonder if a new Sig is even 922(r) compliant? The 3 position folder stocks must have been made in Mexico or Afghanistan.

Page 42 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast