Page 52 of 98 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Swiss SIG 553 pistols have hit the US market

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PGT View Post
    Is the green furniture on your 551-A1 Swiss? The reason I ask, is that the pistol grip looks to be a different color than the handguard and stock.
    In looking for a couple of green Swiss pistol grips, I have been told that there are two different colors of green.

Also, what's up with Colorado Gun Sales? Phones don't work and email appears inoperative?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sigswiss View Post
    Is the green furniture on your 551-A1 Swiss? The reason I ask, is that the pistol grip looks to be a different color than the handguard and stock.
    In looking for a couple of green Swiss pistol grips, I have been told that there are two different colors of green.

Also, what's up with Colorado Gun Sales? Phones don't work and email appears inoperative?
    I just acquired a full green set for my 551 and yes the shades of green are slightly different. I don't know why. The stock and handguards I have are "Wiedmann" and the pistol grip is marked with three diagonal letter i, like "iii". My black furniture set is marked the same way. As to whether there are two different shades of green, I couldn't tell you.

I tried emailing COGunSales a month or so ago and did not receive any response either. IDK what's going on there.
    "Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" - Patrick Henry

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Meta-Prometheus View Post
    I just acquired a full green set for my 551 and yes the shades of green are slightly different. I don't know why. The stock and handguards I have are "Wiedmann" and the pistol grip is marked with three diagonal letter i, like "iii". My black furniture set is marked the same way. As to whether there are two different shades of green, I couldn't tell you.

I tried emailing COGunSales a month or so ago and did not receive any response either. IDK what's going on there.
    In my opinion, COGunSales has gone down the tubes...I'm not sure what happened to them but I had a horrible experience trying to buy from them some months back. I purchased a Swiss 550 bayonet stud from them on Ebay and then..dead silence. I finally had to open a case with Ebay and then they sent me a tracking number..about 2 weeks later I received a "God'aGrip" whatever the hell that is. I tried calling, emailing etc, no response. I finally filed a complaint with paypal and went thru their process until my payment was refunded by Paypal. I never once had an email or call or anything from CoGunsales.

Feedback Score
    There seems to be a few holidays in Switzerland in September, so maybe that comes into play with CGS. Any other input on green furniture matching would be helpful.

Feedback Score
    Does COGunSales have an actual storefront or are they mailorder only?

Feedback Score
    This was a good bit before September and this drug on for 2 months....They also did the same thing too a bunch of other people, judging from their string of bad feedback on Ebay..They do NOT get a pass from me on this. Unacceptable behaviour.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It's possible they are focusing solely on their M10x and shutting down or ignoring their COGunSales side of things. When I lived in the Denver area, I asked them if they had a storefront and they did not. The guy I usually did business with there apparently no longer works for them or just doesn't respond to emails. It's sad, because they used to be the place for all things Swiss SIG.
    "Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" - Patrick Henry

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Meta-Prometheus View Post
    It's possible they are focusing solely on their M10x and shutting down or ignoring their COGunSales side of things. When I lived in the Denver area, I asked them if they had a storefront and they did not. The guy I usually did business with there apparently no longer works for them or just doesn't respond to emails. It's sad, because they used to be the place for all things Swiss SIG.
    Well someone there was apparently still putting things on Ebay...and rather drunkenly following up or not..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm really considering one of these. How hard are mags to get for it? I'd like a few if I do. Also a Stock if/when I SBR it. If I had to get one imported is it ITAR regulated?

How much of a mudpuddle would I be stepping in messing with one of these as a shooter? Not to sell or collect but because I hate commie AKs and want something pissy and upscale?

Just curious
    Wake the f*ck up, Samurai

Feedback Score
    I have a Sig 553 pending a form 1. I have a Sig 553R waiting importation, and I'll likely get another one to convert it to a 551. I am going to shoot the piss out of them, teach carbine courses with them, and carry one in "oh crap bag".

In terms of mud puddle... well its not an AR. Everything is more expensive. When I bought mine from Ratworx, I bought 40 mags as well. I think I cleaned them out (sorry I am not sorry ). Mag prices seem to be cyclical, but I have seen them as low as 25 and as high as 60. So yeah, for a shooter, and to survive any upcoming bans... you are looking at a grand or more for magazines. You can also spend 1400 ish on a stanag mag compatible lower, which will allow you to run AR mags. That is probably the most sustainable way to go.

Stocks are around. There are 2 on gunbroker now, but the reserve prices seem to be - optimistic. The US importers site (sanswissarms.com) seems to have some in stock. I did purchase the telescoping folding stock directly from Switzerland. 250 ish bucks and 50 bucks in shipping. I got it in under a week (faster than Botach and about 10 times as far).

THe 553s were originally 4 grand and didn't have threaded barrels. The new ones are 2700, have a flash suppressor, and are basically good to go. Never thought I would see a Swiss gun that cheap, and I think that we will all be looking back at this time and ask "why didn't I buy more of those?".

Finally, if you think you might want one. Get it. The 553 is shockingly small. As a 5.56 SBR, I struggle to come up with a better one. It is accurate, reliable, tiny, and well lets be honest - it says "made in Switzerland" on it.
    Last edited by KTR03; 09-19-16 at 19:00.
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Page 52 of 98 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast