Page 53 of 98 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Swiss SIG 553 pistols have hit the US market

Feedback Score
    The stocks are around, JDI, Gatewood, Gunbroker etc. The mags are a bit iffy right now. I bought a bunch at 25@ but now they seem to be over 100. This is, however, an item that is still importable and I imagine will be in the future. You could also source an AR mag lower if you want.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I am tempted but dont want to go through something like building my own SR-25 again. That was an Arduous March.

I shot a legit SG551 years back and a bullshit Exeter 551A1 and it was not merely night and day, it was like Earth and Mars.

The SIG felt like a hefty machine of death and burst fire was easy. The 551A1 felt like a SLR-106.

If I had 5 mags and at least one 20 rounder, I'd be good.

I may have to pray/meditate over this a bit more. It's one thing for expensive parts made domestically but meh.

Only Sig I have is an old P226 that really doesn't get shot. But an SBR like this would certainly accompany me when I can get to shoot again.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I'm really considering one of these. How hard are mags to get for it? I'd like a few if I do. Also a Stock if/when I SBR it. If I had to get one imported is it ITAR regulated?

How much of a mudpuddle would I be stepping in messing with one of these as a shooter? Not to sell or collect but because I hate commie AKs and want something pissy and upscale?

Just curious
    Easy peasey. Mags are out there and can generally be found for $25 - $50. Stocks are usually available from JDI. Many have purchased from gunfactory.ch. They speak English and will ship to the US. Technically you will need an approved form-6 to import because the value is over $100. ITAR is an export reg, doesn't apply to bringing parts into the US.

Buy one. You'll love it. Feel free to drop me an email through the forum and I will send you my phone number if you want to discuss this in further detail.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I feel better that Josh chimed in. I may well take you up on all that when I decide to take the plunge. Because I only shot one (551), never actually got to take one down or anything.

Thanks again.

Feedback Score
    Any members willing to part with their NIB 1:7 twist diopter pistol?
    Last edited by alyuaz; 10-24-16 at 18:46.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alyuaz View Post
    Any members willing to part with their NIB 1:7 twist diopter pistol
    or possibly trade two pistols for a Swiss 551 LE trade in rifle with green furniture?
    Lol.

Nice first post.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Lol.

Nice first post.
    It may be his first post, but he's no stranger to SIGs (or HKs). Al sells a bunch of SIG and HK parts on Gunbroker and Sturm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I feel better that Josh chimed in. I may well take you up on all that when I decide to take the plunge. Because I only shot one (551), never actually got to take one down or anything.

Thanks again.
    Don't wait too long to take the plunge. The 553 is IMO one of the best deals going. Once the currently available 553s are gone I doubt we will ever see sub-$3k Swiss 55x again. Unfortunately mags are a bit scarce right now, but the supply tends to wax and wane. I suspect in the current ramp up to the election one or more importers is bringing in a pile of mags. I could be wrong; this is pure speculation.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    It may be his first post, but he's no stranger to SIGs (or HKs). Al sells a bunch of SIG and HK parts on Gunbroker and Sturm.
    Roger that. I was actually being sincere, and found it humorous because I've tried to find diopter models.

I really want another 553

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Roger that. I was actually being sincere, and found it humorous because I've tried to find diopter models.

I really want another 553
    Yep, I think I bought my 551 LE from you (AL). The diopter is going to be difficult to find right now. I have one and tried to help a friend find one recently. I couldn't find a single example new. There are some rail models out there for sale.

Page 53 of 98 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast