Page 79 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Thread: Swiss SIG 553 pistols have hit the US market

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Dave told me he doesn't know from order to order what they'll send. You could put one on backorder for when they send a railed one

I got mine in as well

| 92 - Billennium | Steel-I/96 Stock | WC BrigTac| Elite II | 90-Two G | Inox Brig |
    | 85FS Cheetah | 71 Jaguar | 21a Bobcat | 3032 Tomcat | Model 90 Armi Roma |
    | Sig - 551-A1 ODG | P553 | 522 | P320 FDE |
    | Noveske 10.5" Pistol | AP 12.5" | AP Tungsten SPR | DDM4 V7 in MSP & Elcan |
    | 308 - DSA FAL & Steyr Scout in grey |

Feedback Score
    Nice rifles ^^

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I remember seeing a Swiss Arms chart that shows the models and the various gas valve holes sizes, but I can't find it now. Would someone please provide me a link?
    4 position gas valve.jpg

Here you go Bret -sorry, I don't check in as much as much as I used to.
    Actually, the recent 55x availability has left me .. kinda bored? The drooling has ceased!?

After catching up with the posts, I must say that my sincere appreciation goes out to John Doe Dave(!) for his incredible work, business judgement and headaches involved (especially with the 553R..) in enabling us to attain what seemed to be unattainable just a few very short years ago. I feel privileged and humbled in what I feel has been a historic opportunity.

Feedback Score
    I have a question concerning green cheek rests if someone could possibly help.

Mr Vickers seemed to have had one in his 553R video, but where in the world could one of these be found -preferably new?

Also, I have one of the older WEZ "triple diamond" green ones, but know little to nothing about them or their years of manufacture -and Guisan's knowledge is no longer.. Any information concerning these would be greatly appreciated as well.
    Here's a dusty pic!

SAM_1797.jpg

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    These are addictive. So like you can back order a 550 upper now?

I mean, I don’t need food or kidneys

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sigswiss View Post
    4 position gas valve.jpg

Here you go Bret -sorry, I don't check in as much as much as I used to.
    Thanks. When I shot my 551LB for the first time, it put spent cases in to orbit and mangled the crap out of the them. Ejection was so fast that I literally could not see the cases until they were pretty far away. I found this chart somewhere else and determined that my 551LB came with 551SB gas valve. Dave made it right and sent me the correct 551LB gas valve. Now my 551LB is working right with the correct gas valve. Like most AK type rifles, I still consider it somewhat overgassed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    These are addictive. So like you can back order a 550 upper now?

I mean, I don’t need food or kidneys
    Yes they are.

The SAN products are the most common item, in my collection.

Years ago, after I purchased an Armati I felt lucky to have two Swiss items.
    Last edited by ralfabco; 11-25-18 at 22:30.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Thanks. When I shot my 551LB for the first time, it put spent cases in to orbit and mangled the crap out of the them. Ejection was so fast that I literally could not see the cases until they were pretty far away. I found this chart somewhere else and determined that my 551LB came with 551SB gas valve. Dave made it right and sent me the correct 551LB gas valve. Now my 551LB is working right with the correct gas valve. Like most AK type rifles, I still consider it somewhat overgassed.
    Glad to hear it.
    I forgot exactly how far the 552 threw (and mangled) brass, but it was something like 25 feet. I've thought about tinkering with different gas valve sizes, but haven't been shooting as much as I used too -and not too concerned.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Get the four position gas valve. It is very worth it. With my 553 R you could put about bucket at about 3 o'clock 8 feet away and you could almost hit the bucket every time. Super consistent. The four position valve gives you a lot to work with.

Feedback Score
    For anyone who wants to know, Dave at JDI Firearms is importing 52 SG552 pistols. The exact specifications, including the barrel length, color, sights and lower are not yet finalized. I ordered one and am crossing my fingers for the short barrel length, greenish color, diopter sights and steel sheet metal lower. It's interesting that Swiss Arms is making them again given that they were effectively replaced by the SG553. Dave hasn't updated his website yet, but the information is in a post on his Facebook page.

Page 79 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast