Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: who makes a good short sword?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lympago View Post
    LOL, that Home Shopping Network bloppers video was funny as hell.
    That's an example of an extremely poor quality decorative sword though and not a premium quality stainless blade like the AUS8 from Junglee or 440C that Entrek uses that both have a higher carbon rate than your low quality stainlesses and higher quality than that 2 dollar sword in the video.

If a blade can't stand up to some simple chopping there's a serious problem in the quality of steel and heat treatment.
    Think of all the survival/combat knives out there today using quality stainless and are used for chopping all the time.
    The Entrek and Junglee are really just a longer knife though, and if someone's looking for an actual battle ready practice sword for heavy contact there certainly are better choices, but what the OP's desired use for his short sword purpose are only he knows.
    For me these days either would just be a blade that would split work in being a machete, and defensive tool for my BO rig "if" it ever came to that, but otherwise I'd just be practicing with it regulary open air, no contact and it's still more novelty than common use work blade regardless.
    I'd still use carbon steel for choppers just to be safe. Himalayan Import's Kukris are made from spring steel. From salvaged leaf springs of cars.

Feedback Score
    Anyone make a more modern sheath for a kukri?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
    S&W's is nylon, Ka-Bar's is leather and nylon, Cold Steel's is nylon an iirc has a kydex tip... and there are several all kydex sheaths out there for the kukri.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
    Check out Deployment Solutions. They make custom kydex sheathes. $45 for a small, or $50 for a large Kukri sheath. I have two of their sheaths, good stuff, fast turn around.
    Cold Zero

Feedback Score
    Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123