Thread: "General Officer" M9

Feedback Score

"General Officer" M9

http://contracting.tacom.army.mil/co...10001/0000.pdf

Looking at the above latest order for Beretta M9's, it includes a number of GO models. Do these have some sort of special markings, finish, etc.?

Feedback Score
    They had different serial numbers but otherwise were standard issue M9 pistols.
    Retired O-4
    USSOCCENT
    TF KBAR
    TF BOWIE

Feedback Score
    I have had a few in my hands in the past while I was in the service. The ones I saw were highly polished blued finish. Usually with the nice walnut beretta grips with the medalion or custom wood grips with the name, general stars on them. The issue set usually would come with three polished blued mags, a black leather belt with a brass buckle (cant remember the emblem) and a Bianchi black leather M9 holster and matching Black leather double mag pouch. No noted mechanical difference from a regular issued one. The last one I examined was stored in my armory for a few months due to a newly promoted generals weapon being shipped to my base after his PCS. It was nice but not THAT nice.

Feedback Score
    Yup, seen a couple of them too and the polished blueing and walnut grips are what distinguished them from the standard issue M9 pistol. Well, that and they were NOT kept in the same pistol racks as the issue M9 psitols.

Feedback Score
    the differences are noted above. the biggest difference in my opinion is G.O.'s are allowed to purchase the duty m9 upon retirement- wish this option was extened to the rest of us!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My father-in-law recently retired and has one. His is no different than a regular M9 - same finish, same grips, etc. However, it comes with black leather web gear (M-12 holster, mag pouch, etc) instead of green nylon and it has a GOXXXX serial number.

It seems that the recent ones no longer have the blued finish and woods stocks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewdanger View Post
    My father-in-law recently retired and has one. His is no different than a regular M9 - same finish, same grips, etc. However, it comes with black leather web gear (M-12 holster, mag pouch, etc) instead of green nylon and it has a GOXXXX serial number.

It seems that the recent ones no longer have the blued finish and woods stocks.
    What branch of service?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I saw a GO Beretta on Gunbroker the other day, it was the same as any other Beretta being issued today except for the serial and the accessories. Was issued to an Army general officer, IIRC.

For some reason, my company armorer ordered some M12 holsters a few weeks ago and got the black leather GO ones instead of green nylon. Oops.
    Disclaimer: I work for Suarez International as a customer service representative.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Wow, relatively inadequate and poorly designed pistol with out an outdated and less-than-robust finish, topped off with non-weather resistant stocks? How sweet can a pistol get?

bc