Thread: Trying to find out who is in decent driving distance of the Hattiesburg...

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)

Trying to find out who is in decent driving distance of the Hattiesburg...

Guys,

I live right outside of Laurel (30 minutes north of Hattiesburg) and am trying to get at least a couple of guys to meet with about once a month (possibly more) on a Sunday to practice handgun and rifle. I can also do it Saturday but it must be in the afternoon.

I am talking about a 45 minute max drive from each other. I've got a couple of ranges to go to but would drive to others gladly. Just trying to discern if anyone is in the area who is able and willing to do this.

Like I said, distance wise, I don't want it to be too far away so half the day isn't spent driving. Anybody?

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I'm interested, but I live on the coast.
    Experience is what you get... When you don't get what you want.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I hardly ever get a chance to go down to the coast anymore on the weekend. My freaking boss won't let us off on Saturday. He said earlier this year we were going to start rotating weekends off b/c he knew about my 3 gun matches I love (Woolmarket 3rd Sat of every month) and then he changed his mind.

This sticks in my crawl every 3rd Sat that comes around. Currahee (not to stick words in his mouth) is planning on doing a class some time next year. Maybe we could meet up then.

My training day now is usually on a Tuesday and occasionally on Sunday with a local pistol match I have (15 minutes from my house) the first Sunday of every month.

-Jax

-Ryan Job

"Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    48 (100%)
    Jax,

We've spoke and traded a few items before. I'm also on the coast but Hattiesburg is only an hour from me. I work swing shift-every other weekend, nights and days, and sometimes get called in to work unexpectedly but I would drive up your way. I haven't been shooting/training very long so I would like to learn as much as I can from more experienced people.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Ha Ha dudshep I wouldn't called me experienced.

I do know that the pointy thing coming out of the front goes where your supposed to be looking.

Seriously though we'll have to get together some time.

I can't this weekend. I actually AM going to the 3 gun this Sunday. Weekend after I have a booth at the Hattiesburg gunshow.

Think you can make it to the 3 gun martch? It's at the Gulf Coast Rifle and Pistol Club. Saturday.

-Jax

-Ryan Job

Feedback Score
    48 (100%)

Cool

Unfortunately I am working this weekend. However, I'm off for the gunshow. What booth will you be working? Experienced or not, it would be nice to train with someone with the same mindset.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I'll PM you before we go. Not sure exactly where it'll be in the multi purpose center.
    I won't have any fancy signs or anything!

-Jax

-Ryan Job

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm definitely interested in some training. Now, mind you, I've had no formal training except my enhanced carry class with Rick Ward. I live in petal and work M-F.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lmb7784 View Post
    I'm definitely interested in some training. Now, mind you, I've had no formal training except my enhanced carry class with Rick Ward. I live in petal and work M-F.
    Awesome. Petal is right down the road. We have a concealed carry pistol match this Sunday in Ellisville. Any chance you could show up?

-Jax

-Ryan Job

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Are matches still being put on at the Ellisville Dirt Shooting Club or down in Poplarville at the gravel pit?