Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colt Competition Rifle for 3 Gun

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bullittmcqueen View Post
    I just received my Evolution EX 9" yesterday in the mail and it is quite impressive straight out of the box. Incredibly light and the attachment system for the QD swivel and the short rails pieces are great. Installation onto my BCM upper will follow this weekend with detailed videos going on Youtube. There just isn't a lot out there on the Samson Evo rails right now.

I would be interested to hear from Jesse how hot the Evo rails gets during competition as this is the only downside I have read about them.
    I have never even considered heat an issue on my Samson rail during a match. Really I have never noticed heat on any of my aluminum tubes from Nordic Components or the JP one either in match type shooting.

Now my Carbon Arms and my DPMS carbon fiber tubes with no vent holes will flat out fry your ass if you go to war on some long steal or hose down a few 30 round mag dumps.

If I am practicing and sling a 60 round SureFire mag or more through my 3G hosing down some rapid fire drills the Evolution tube will be rather warm but that type of shooting will heat up anything out there.
    Last edited by Jesse Tischauser; 10-04-12 at 13:27.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Jesse,

Have you had any dings/dents/scratches or otherwise irregular damage of any kind to your Evo rails? I understand that in matches and common use there is going to be wear and tear such as scratched paint or small scrapes, but I'm asking about irregular wear and tear.

I ask because a CRP-18 Pro I saw had its rail marred from contacting with the lower when being shotgunned opened and I would consider that alone to be irregular wear.

I should add that the owner didn't seem to care or mind, and the indentations to the rail will not have any effect on the function or accuracy of the rifle.
    Last edited by Moltke; 10-04-12 at 13:42.
    Ken Bloxton
    Skill > Gear

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moltke View Post
    Jesse,

Have you had any dings/dents/scratches or otherwise irregular damage of any kind to your Evo rails? I understand that in matches and common use there is going to be wear and tear such as scratched paint or small scrapes, but I'm asking about irregular wear and tear.

I ask because a CRP-18 Pro I saw had its rail marred from contacting with the lower when being shotgunned opened and I would consider that alone to be irregular wear.

I should add that the owner didn't seem to care or mind, and the indentations to the rail will not have any effect on the function or accuracy of the rifle.
    I will have to look specifically for that as I don't inspect that part of the gun with any regularity.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I took a good look at my handguard last night and I don't see anything wrong with my Evolution tube. It does have an exceptional amount of nicks and scratches from finding its way in and out of plastic barrels for the past 18 months.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12