Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is "the Chart" still being updated, or is it over?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Calm down, people... he still maintains The Chart at his website.
    http://www.tacticalyellowvisor.net/

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    rob_s wasn't even that good of a shooter, for all his talk about gear and training classes. I remember a while ago SteyrAug posted a video of him and rob_s competing at a local match. Rob_s looked positively amateurish...couldn't even clean a plate rack at close distance

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandPooba View Post
    rob_s wasn't even that good of a shooter, for all his talk about gear and training classes. I remember a while ago SteyrAug posted a video of him and rob_s competing at a local match. Rob_s looked positively amateurish...couldn't even clean a plate rack at close distance

Not speaking about Rob in particular, but isn't that typical of many Gen X and younger shooters?

So many seem to feel that "the solution" (to whatever your question is about shooting, it seems) is in gear/equipment rather than experience behind the trigger....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HackerF15E View Post
    Not speaking about Rob in particular, but isn't that typical of many Gen X and younger shooters?

So many seem to feel that "the solution" (to whatever your question is about shooting, it seems) is in gear/equipment rather than experience behind the trigger....
    Not anymore than anyone else. I'm Gen X and I'm not like
    that at all and neither are my friends who shoot.

I think it's a common problem regardless of age group.
    But it's not everyone. Most people who compete in some way
    understand it's the indian and not the arrow.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

He's not here to defense himself.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~ Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    If you want to discuss "the chart" feel free. But the question about why rob_s was banned has already been asked and answered and we don't need to rehash it.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)

But he was always so serious. I think he even grew a beard.

And I thought he was an operator...
    Last edited by samuse; 09-30-12 at 09:29.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    He's not here to defense himself.
    Exactly. Some of the comments sound like high school girls spreading rumors. The OP's question was about the chart. Not it's author.

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

I saw that video. Do you recall the differences in equipment used? Would you like to email rob and challenge him to a postal match since you are so shit hot or are you just asking shit about someone who isn't here to defend himself?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    But he was always so serious. I think he even grew a beard.

And I thought he was an operator...
    Rob has never passed himself off as anything he isn't. With regard to his shooting abilities... I've seen him shoot in matches, informal group training, and 2 formal classes (McNamara and Defoor). He is an excellent shot and will school most of the keyboard commandos here and elsewhere. I haven't seen the video referenced above, but who hasn't had a bad run/day? Who here can clean a plate rack every time??

His abrasiveness comes from asking questions that people are uncomfortable with because he wants empirical evidence as to why something is better. It's his engineering/construction background. Like it or not - he is right to want proof in place of comments like, "this X brand gizmo makes me a better shooter!"

As was mentioned, his chart is still available at his site and I bet he would still answer questions for those who contact him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast