Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock 22 vs. Coyote: Mr. Yote takes a dirt nap

Feedback Score
    I told the story in town the day after it happened.

One person piped up, "They're hungry and they don't care. That's why they're not afraid."

Another person joked, "Yeah, why didn't you feed him?" (laughs)

I replied, "I did. I fed him a copper-jacketed lead vitamin."

Anyway, the buzzards ate well.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    Check this coyote out. He does several Banzai charges then tries to eat the camera man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqVE9qfg7yI
    At first I thought the critter might be playing with him (my neighbor's dog does a similar thing) but the more I watched that video the more I realized that, that critter was not playing so much as testing the camera man. I am honestly surprised it didn't try to take a bite out of his hand (or attack him when he turned his back). However I will say that I have a feeling that something like that is how we first started domesticating canids; them approaching us and us offering them food and shelter over many generations of careful breeding. In any case, that animal behaving that way around human will not end well for either the coyote or the people it meets.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Feedback Score
    yep, I always carry a 1911 with a 255g +p hardcast chambered as there are coyotes, big hogs and reportedly mountain lions on our hunting property. While I think the chance of being attacked is about a billion to one, I still carry out there for the same reason I carry elsewhere. "just in case"
    Charles Coker

Disclosure statement:
    Pro Staff - Silencer Shop
    Dealer - Armasight and Steiner Optics
    Affiliated with Trijicon, Wilson Combat and Crux Suppressors

Feedback Score
    Looks like someone has probably fed that coyote before and he's now looking for handouts.
    Pain is temporary, Victory is Forever

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    Check this coyote out. He does several Banzai charges then tries to eat the camera man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqVE9qfg7yI
    Thats pretty crazy. It looked like he was playin??

Dogs are pretty playful, I guess it wouldnt really exclude Coyotes,

I dont have alot of experience with them though
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    That's definitely an interesting video. I've been around coyotes a lot, and the only time I've ever seen one like that is when it is injured. For instance, my buddy shot one in the ass and rolled it. It just laid there so he walked out to it to find it was still alive, and it started growling and pulling itself towards him on only it's two front legs. We took care of that quickly, but I think it is very odd for a perfectly fine coyote to act like that. Unless it was diseased or provoked to where it felt it had no option but to fight.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Behavior consistent with rabies infected coyote...not smart to toy with as the rabies shots you will need after a bite are no fun...
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    We have a lot of coyotes in my new neighborhood. We have a lot of deer, wild turkey and a few elk in the area and listen to them killing something every night. Good news is, you don't see many cats roaming around. The bad news is I can't let my dogs out unsupervised. It's only a matter of time before I end up shooting one, which I'm sure is going to make my neighbors shit.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I do a lot of Yote hunting in Maine and have seen them do some crazy stuff over the years. I always like to pit hunt were I had a camo tree stand about 25yds over a butcher shop dump pit.

It was like ringing the dinner bell when I pulled up and opened and closed my tail gate of the truck then got into the stand. The Yotes hearing the noise would think the butcher just dropped off a fresh pile of bones and guts and would just run in.

I could shoot all day long and it never seemed like I even put a dent in their numbers.

Any how back on subject I had a few Yotes display this same behavior with "Nipping" but they never flat out charged or tried to bite. It seemed like they were playing but with any wild animal its nothing to play a round with. The behavior also would draw in other yotes hearing the yips of the nipping yote and once I spotted another Yote coming in I always took out the nipper as I didn't want to have to deal with two of them.

My friend in Maine said he saw this behavior once with a single Yote and a deer on a frozen lake. The Yote was doing the nipping and calling basically trying to contain the deer until a few more showed up to take the deer down.

I have to wonder if that was what the nipping yotes had in mind with me and since I have personally seen the yipes of the nipping yotes draw in other yotes.

Maybe the yotes were tried of eating scraps and wanted something fresh.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12