Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HSGI Malice Clip ... Please HELP!!!

Feedback Score

HSGI Malice Clip ... Please HELP!!!

OK, I'm at wits end with this project! I have TACO's mounted on one of their chest rigs and while a bit difficult it was totally doable.

Tonight I'm trying to get TACO's mounted on the their battle belt and I'll be damned if I can get the tabs clipped in at the bottom.

I've been through YouTube and the only videos I've seen are of the TACO's being attached to the A/O chest rig which by comparison is a piece of cake!

What the heck am I doing wrong???
    Last edited by Hemi45; 03-23-15 at 20:55.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Your probably not doing any thing wrong, their a real PITA to attach to Battle belt. I remember having to use pliers and squeeze at fold at top so bottom would click in tab. Hope that helps.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    Your probably not doing any thing wrong, their a real PITA to attach to Battle belt. I remember having to use pliers and squeeze at fold at top so bottom would click in tab. Hope that helps.
    Arrrggghhh ... that's what I was afraid of - lol! Thanks for the reply.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Are they the new HSGI clips with the tapered end and the round button, or the old MALICE clips with the square end? I find the old ones are a huge pain, but the new ones are a snap.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    They're the old style - Murphy's Law. I did see the new ones on their site earlier and it may come down to ordering them. Like I said, the clips are challenging but work well on the chest rig. Something about the size, spacing or whatever of the webbing on the battle belt is kicking my behind.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemi45 View Post
    They're the old style - Murphy's Law. I did see the new ones on their site earlier and it may come down to ordering them. Like I said, the clips are challenging but work well on the chest rig. Something about the size, spacing or whatever of the webbing on the battle belt is kicking my behind.
    Do yourself a favor and order some of the new ones.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yup. I'm even considering ordering the new ones to replace all my old ones.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Just squeeze the top bend with pliers those things are tough I did my whole battle belt with hsgi gear and it was a pita but got it done but the new ones I hear are way better

Feedback Score
    UPDATE

They're on now, I woke up and took a fresh approach! I backed them up into the last strip of webbing to align them with the bottom clips and drove them home. Used a flathead and needle nose pliers to assist. It is doable but a real bi*ch! Without even trying one yet, I can fairly well recommend using the new style clips for the battle belt!

Feedback Score
    Good for you. I read this and cringed. Malice clips are a royal pain to say the least.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast