18 (100%)
    very sexy! the wood finishing is absolutely gorgeous

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thanks sw1911!
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Who did your barrel work? I love your build. Makes me want to go pawn shop diving for a deal to immulate your build.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba04 View Post
    Who did your barrel work? I love your build. Makes me want to go pawn shop diving for a deal to immulate your build.
    Thanks!

Local gun shop - http://www.slgunshop.com/

Cut barrel from 26" to 18-3/4"
    Re-installed RemChokes
    Supplied and installed HiViz sight
    Cut stock down by 1", re-installed factory butt pad

Cost was about $230.00 for all and I am very pleased with the work ( and I am a picky SOB!).

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    As I mentioned in a previous post, I removed the Choate bolt handle because I felt it was too easy to pull out of the bolt. I tinkered with the indent notch on the handle but it didn't make much of an improvement, so I put the stock handle back in for reliability purposes. However, the stock handle doesn't give much to grab on to.

I ordered a Daves Metal Works bolt handle to see if that may better fit my needs. As expected, the handle is well made and has an effective contour to allow easy manipulation of the bolt, without being overly large. In fact, when placed side by side, the DMW bolt does not appear that much larger than the stock bolt;

The DMW bolt handle fits very tight in the bolt - in fact it requires a whack with the palm to fully seat it. It also requires a substatial tug to remove it, so in this regard the DMW bolt is a vast improvement over the Choate and even the stock bolt.

Though the handle is much smaller than the Choate, I find it easier to use than the stock bolt. I can easily engage it and manipulate the bolt, where with the stock handle I often felt that I could not get enough purchase on it when sweeping my hand to do a quick bolt manipulation. The Choate handle is certainly a bigger "target"to hit, but the DMW is just as effective without any fear of it getting snagged on something and getting pulled out of the bolt.

In conclusion, the DMW bolt handle is in my 1187 Premiere to stay. I can highly recommend it to anyone looking for a quality replacement for the small OEM handle, that will give a functional improvement without being overly large or "tactical" in appearance.

Feedback Score
    Very nice upgrade. I'm in the same boat with a 1187P that hasn't been fired in years. I need to replace some of the same parts, then take it to a shotgun course...well done.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I will do some poking around but who's shotgun corse is on your short list. The VP does say that is all we need. Although I think he suggested a double bbl.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Very nice!! The 11-87's shoots the 3 1/2's correct?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Great looking shotgun Canon. I have a Remington 1100 16ga that was my great grandpa's and was thinking of doing the same but since its been in my family so long I left it alone. Thinking of finding one at a gun show and doing the same.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgerunner70 View Post
    Very nice!! The 11-87's shoots the 3 1/2's correct?
    Thanks!

Standard 11-87s shoot 2-3/4 and 3 inch.

11-87 magnum versions shoot 3-1/2 inch but can't use standard 11-87 barrels.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast