Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 11-87 HD Build

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta-3 View Post
    Nice 11-87!
    I've had my 11-87 Police for a couple of years now. Made a few changes & now it's ready to repel boarders!
    Thanks!

Is that a plain bead barrel? I'd prefer that to the RS version, and like the vent rib with fiber optic sight the best.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    Yes, just a plain bead barrel. I've been thinking about a FO bead but not sure if I'd like it under all lighting conditions.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta-3 View Post
    Yes, just a plain bead barrel. I've been thinking about a FO bead but not sure if I'd like it under all lighting conditions.
    What I have found with the FO front sight;

1. Excellent in bright conditions, it stands out like the dot in a RDS
    2. When in the shade aiming as a target in full sun light, it appears silhouetted like a non-illuminated bead
    3. In the dark, I have my X300 positioned so that the FO is decently illuminated by the spill from the light. This works out quite well with the target illuminated by the white light and the FO sight glowing brightly enough to clearly see it.

In most lighting conditions, the FO is an advantage over a non-illuminated sight IMO. My only concern with the sight is durability, I've broken a FO front sight before when a .22 rifle fell over on a hard tile floor and broke the FO tube off the sight base. But until I break the sight on the 1187 (which is much lower profile and better protected on the vent rib vs. a tall rifle front sight), I do not feel the need to look for something different.

On a barrel with a standard bead, a XS tritium sight may be worth a look as well.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567