Page 205 of 205 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205
Results 2,041 to 2,044 of 2044

Thread: Please pray for Army Chief (and related musings)

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    I was able to go visit Army Chief today while I was in Washington D.C. It was a beautiful day in Washington D.C. and was my great honor to say hello to Chuck for the first time.

I said a prayer for him, his family and everybody that is buried in Arlington. I also told him he is not forgotten, nobody in Arlington is forgotten.

Cried for quite a while in front of that headstone. Long walk to get to it, gives you time to think. Maybe too much.

Been so close to Arlington again several times lately but haven't made it in. Traffic in DC is beyond the pale and always someplace to be, but I'll get there again soon.

God Bless You Brother. You were just as irreplaceable as we all suspected you would be and missed by many of us every day.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxman7 View Post
    Tav just informed me this thread was reopened for a short time. This is the first year since his passing that it slipped my mind. My life is going through a change and it didn't come up. Safetyhit (Tav) and VIP3R237 (Jason) both sent an anniversary text earlier. And that all happened because Chuck brought us all together. Where ever Chuck went good things happened. There are a good half dozen of us who are members on here that have been texting each other mostly every day for 6 years and that's because one good guy on here was seen as a rare human being and just a really good man.

-Jax

Well said Dave.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Gentlemen, just wanted you all to know that the fond memories and respectful tributes you post here every year on this day truly warm my heart. AC loved this group and it's so inspiring to see that love returned, even beyond death. This is a truly special place with special people. All the best. - AC's eldest son.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I've been busy at work tonight and was afraid that I wouldn't be able to post here before the thread was closed. As Jax said, I was reminded today of the now 6 years without Chuck. I miss him and his good deeds, especially keeping our little group together.
    Chuck still rides with me every shift in the form of his patch on the very front center of my gear. I know he's watching over all of us.
    Miss you Chuck!
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Page 205 of 205 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205