Page 103 of 205 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2044

Thread: Please pray for Army Chief (and related musings)

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I just noticed where the title of the thread have been changed to (Please pray for Army Chief (and related musings) ). The best part of this is the addition of, and related musings!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    I just noticed where the title of the thread have been changed to (Please pray for Army Chief (and related musings) ). The best part of this is the addition of, and related musings!

You're dang right it is. And since we intend to keep it that way my evening prayers have yet to cease, hopefully others can say the same.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Nice catch. I modified it yesterday because I noticed that we have managed to slip a great deal of interesting content into the thread that isn't necessarily centered around my health woes. To be honest, I appreciate the fact that there is something of a mix in here, too, because I feel a little silly when the conversation is always centered upon me.

I'm doing better than ever. Sure, this thing is going to kill me someday, but it won't be today, and I thank God -- and many of my friends here -- for that. What a great journey back it has been ...

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Chuck, it's been great seeing the changes. Only thing I've got to say is that you keep some strange hours! A couple of times I've stumbled to the pot in the wee hours of the night and pulled up the site while I'm concentrating. 1, 2 3am I've seen you lurking around. I've been tempted to send you a PM telling you to go get some sleep and get back to bed.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    My schedule is pretty steady, and I try to get to bed between 2300 and midnight, since I'm not yet rising early for work. That said, as I've gone back to a more or less normal diet, I've noticed that I am regularly stirred up around 0200 by the need to down a Tums or two, and that usually translates to about 15 minutes with the iPad. I'm not actually staying awake. Just waiting for the discomfort to subside. Mrs. AC has always carried a roll of antacids in her purse (I think all women who have had children do for some reason), and as I had never had indigestion in my life, I really had no idea what that was all about.

I do now.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Do you find that this happens very close to the same time each night? For me every now and then I get acid reflux and when it hits it's usually between 12am and 12:15am. Don't know why but it never varies.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Yes, and I suspect that is exactly what it is, since I tend to feel it down in my throat.

My digestive system has continued to operate normally throughout this ordeal (thankfully), but I do think that the radiation definitely had a tenderizing effect on the associated upstream plumbing. Eating a simple Mexican dish, Wendy's chili or even a decent Balsamic on a salad all hit me with two or three times the fire that they used to.

At the last "Stammtisch" (we're still shooting for Wednesday evening this week, by the way), a simple shot of Jäger that I wouldn't even have felt before almost made me consider calling 911. Absolutely ferocious.

Healing. It's a process.

AC

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Chuck, thought you might enjoy this video of me and two friends (one of which is on this forum) shooting a roughly 8" rock from concealment at about 10 yards this past Saturday. Tough competition and very humbling.

Video
    Last edited by Littlelebowski; 04-29-13 at 13:27.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    Chuck, thought you might enjoy this video of me and two friends ...
    Ok, that was some reasonably epic stuff there.

I've got to admit that I have always struggled with the whole Quick-Draw McGraw deal, because I have abnormally fast reflexes (not always a good thing), am wired just a little too tight, and I tend to do things much too fast. Looks good, but it isn't all that effective on target, unless you consider a knee strike (with a center mass aim point) a good thing. I have yet to meet anyone willing to express their open admiration for my technique in that regard.

I've had several instructors beat the El Snatcho tendency out of me -- with very good results, I might add -- but if I'm not really concentrating, and you throw a timer on me, I'm definitely taking out a left knee. Quickly.

AC

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    Chuck, thought you might enjoy this video of me and two friends (one of which is on this forum) shooting a roughly 8" rock from concealment at about 10 yards this past Saturday. Tough competition and very humbling.

Video
    Looks like the guy wearing the button up shirt was having the most trouble. I'm wondering if it is because of the shirt style(button up). the other 2 guys didnt have any problems with clothing messing up the draw.

Page 103 of 205 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast