Page 104 of 205 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 2044

Thread: Please pray for Army Chief (and related musings)

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Yeah, he ditched the shirt and got back into the game after the video.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Gives me something to think about when carrying now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    Yeah, he ditched the shirt and got back into the game after the video.
    Good video. What pistols were being used?

Also, that really makes me rethink how I carry with a jacket.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Thought of you AC when I saw these:

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG524

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxman7 View Post
    Thought of you AC when I saw these:

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG524

-Jax
    Holy smokes! I've never even heard of those.

Truth be told, I've been carrying a PPQ for the past two weeks, but I always keep a 1911 close by.

Very cool, AD -- thanks for the find!

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Holy smokes! I've never even heard of those.

Truth be told, I've been carrying a PPQ for the past two weeks, but I always keep a 1911 close by.

Very cool, AD -- thanks for the find!

AC
    Your welcome!

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

"Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Last night I had the honor of spending the evening with Chuck and a few of his buddies. A couple of weeks ago Chuck invited me to a weekly Stammtisch he was setting up. Of course I was in. It wasn't until last night that I was able to attend my first gathering. I arrived at Chuck's a little after 7pm and he greeted me like a long lost friend. To be honest I was surprised and very glad that he looked as great as he does. Except for being a bit on the scrawny side seriously though he looks great!! He introduces me to 2 of his buddies that were already there and they are 2 impressive men. Very accomplished. We all start talking and even though I'm the newbie there I'm feeling right at home. A bit later 2 more guys come in and they are equally impressive men. We had dinner and dessert and libations of course. There was some great conversation and a few toast's to Chuck and new found friends. We all had stories about Germany to tell and amazingly we had all been to a lot of the same places, both stateside and in Germany. I will have to say I was a bit under dressed for the event. Dale, one of Chuck's buddies came in full German attire. Long Lederhosen, German shirt and jacket. The best part of his outfit was the traditional leather crocs Dale was picked on just a bit for the crocs. What was the worst thing about the night was that Chuck kept on trying to take his pants off. I think he has this running around pantsless thing going on Another thing that kind of got me a bit was the fact that here we have this guy battling cancer, been through all sorts of radiation treatments and everything, the image you have building in your mind of course is a man that is completely bald an all. You know the sterotypical image you see all the time. I'm thinking for once I won't have the least amount of hair in the room. Would'nt you know it he's got a full head of hair, he's running around and jibber jabbering all night with everyone. I'm still the only bald one in the room!

All in all it was a great night with a lot of great camaraderie.
    Last edited by Watrdawg; 05-01-13 at 11:00.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Definitely a good time, and I'm glad we finally pulled it together!

Truth be told, none of those attending knew each other very well, but I've found that when you pick friends of a certain caliber, and with overlapping interests, they all tend to get along pretty effortlessly. Such was certainly such was the case last night. Glad it felt comfortable, Jim, as that was important to me. You fit right in, just as I suspected you might. As far as I could tell, we'd been doing this for years.

I do feel compelled to clarify that no pants were removed in the making of this event. lol. Of course, there is an associated inside joke that really goes back the the whole Lederhosen thing in Germany, but it's Jim story now, so he can tell it any way he likes.

Interestingly, I did experience some hair loss from my radiation, but not in the way that you might think. The treatments I received were highly targeted (and carefully mapped), and although I never lost the hair on my head, the beard growth on the right side of my face stopped altogether for months, and is still quite light compared to normal. Not something you can see, exactly, but it's rather funny how smooth that side of my face was, and still is to some extent. Definitely not what I had expected.

We can always wear hats next week.

Appreciate you making it out, Jim, and thanks for the kind words. I've had some unusual pain over the last couple of days, and our little soirée provided some well-timed encouragement ... even if we didn't manage to shut things down until 0100.

Chuck
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score
    Sounds great. Were any of the other guys there board members?
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Magic_Salad0892 Not that I know of.

I'm not 100% positive of the Pantsless story, I had a Jaeger shot and more than a few beers by that point so memory isn't 100%. We'll just leave it as an inside joke for now. By the way I'm just picking about the me having no hair and Chuck's radiation treatments. He and I had spoken earlier about having a sense of humor through all of this and it was my attempt of poking fun.

Page 104 of 205 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast