Page 12 of 205 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Please pray for Army Chief (and related musings)

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Brothers,

As you might imagine, it's become rather difficult to predict how I am going to feeling from one hour to the next as this thing has progressed, and the overall "misery index" has served to really limit the time and tolerance I have for doing anything computer-related. It remains my intent to pop my head out of the foxhole as often as I can, and to stay engaged here for as long as possible, but the nature of this fight is such that it is reducing me fairly quickly. There has been some sense of stabilization over the past few days, and while that is a long way from actually feeling "good," your prayers for strength and resilience are being answered.

We started an emergency round of radiation this past Wednesday to at least show this thing that we intend to resist, and while that's meant three-plus hours of discomfort in the car every day, at least we've finally gotten the colors moving toward the smoke of the battle lines. My daughter came home from college on Thursday evening to give dad some extra love and pampering. My parents arrived earlier in the week, so we all made it out to my son's varsity football game last night (the school golf-carted me to/from the car). My older son and daughter-in-law are also expected to arrive within the next 90 minutes, so we can log a few precious hours of family time over the weekend before the aggressive radiation begins on Monday. I've already been blessed in more ways than I could ever hope to convey. God's goodness amazes me more every day.

Mrs. Army Chief and myself will be staying in the Chapel Hill area during these treatments next week (twice daily), and will travel home on the weekends. The treatment protocol is slated for seven weeks, but as I've got one of the rarest cancers in one of the least common locations that it is ever seen, the entire plan is highly theory-based, and we will really have to judge our progress from week to week. Best case, it may shrink things down a bit and buy us some time. Worst case, it will sap my last reserves and hasten the need to come home and begin hospice care. Either way, my prayer is that whatever work God is seeking to accomplish through this would be done -- decisively -- without me getting in the way, and that the lives of many others will be blessed along the way.

Here is the list of "small victories" that are currently being pursued to keep me motivated: =]

1. Survive until 6 November to cast my vote in the national election.
    2. Celebrate my 47th birthday on 7 November at home.
    3. Fight hard to give us a shot at spending Christmas 2012 together as a family.
    4. File Form 4 paperwork next week to get an AAC SDN-6 transferred into the family trust sometime this spring.

AC

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Great to hear from you and I mean that. Said many prayers for you my friend, you need to stay with us.

I also want to add that in all my time here there have been very, very few that can come close to your intelligence, sensibility, patience and clarity. You are truly a special and worthy individual Chuck.
    Last edited by Safetyhit; 10-06-12 at 12:24.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    God Bless and many prayers sent to you and your family, Army Chief.

I've been thinking about this since I first read it a few days ago. I admire and am impressed by your reaction to this adversity. Thanks for your example.

--
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My family will continue to pray to the Creator for you and your family.
    Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force. - Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thank you for updating us, chuck. we're thinking of you every day.

Feedback Score
    AC,

Thank you for updating us. God Bless you and many prayers sent to you and your family. You always gave us sound advice.

Never give up.
    What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I will keep you and your family in my thoughts. I wish you well with the upcoming treatment protocol (I know a little about what you're experiencing as I worked as an oncology and hospice RN and my wife is a radiation oncology RN and head & neck cancer patient care navigator).

Your attitude in the face of such adversity is inspirational. I hope you achieve all of your "victories" and more. Regardless of whichever course the body may take, there is always opportunity for healing of the mind and the spirit.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Thank you so much for taking the time to give us an update.

I'm looking forward to wishing you a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    AC,

Thank you for the update. You remain in the thoughts and prayers of my family and I.
    Owner/Instructor at Resolute Response

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    AC,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to give us an update. I am relieved that you are going to have so many family members around you at this time.

As many on here are, I am praying for you every day.

To the Mods and Staff:

If there is anything we can do, financially or otherwise ( e.g. something along the lines of an M4C care package possibly) please let us know.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Page 12 of 205 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast