Page 154 of 205 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 2044

Thread: Please pray for Army Chief (and related musings)

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Didn't get a chance to mention it earlier, but there was at least one other very interesting development to report from last night ...

Although we were largely-focused on celebrating a few other family/friend birthdays over the course of the evening, Watrdawg showed-up a bit early with a mystery box that he indicated was still more birthday bounty on behalf of some of the boys from M4C. I was initially puzzled by this, though in retrospect, I suppose that I shouldn't have been very surprised at all. Apparently, more than a few of you launched yet another birthday conspiracy that just so happened to be about a 98% match for the contents of my Brownell's shopping cart. All kidding aside, this really was in no way expected, and while I'll not elaborate too much here for the moment, those of you who were directly-involved are already very well-aware of what was afoot. What I will say is that I was more than a little moved by the continued outpouring of generosity and kindness, and in addition to a rather staggering inventory of pure goodness from Surefire and Wilson Combat (among others), there were several personal notes included in the package which really struck straight to the heart.

Ankle Dave, Ben and Tav in particular seem to have spearheaded much of this, and although I cannot yet really frame the words for just what you managed to accomplish, I will say that I am beyond grateful. For some rather extraordinary, lavish and perfectly-selected gifts, yes -- but even more than this, for the consistent demonstrations of love and support that you have chosen to barrage me with so regularly. I have slowly come to realize that that I often don't realize myself just how powerful and essential these things are in my life. It's been a bit rougher ride for me in the physical sense of late, admittedly, and these gestures -- not really the right word, but bear with me -- serve to give me an even greater measure of resilience when it is needed most. So many here seem to wish to view me as some kind of "island of strength" or perseverance, but in reality, I find that it is far more accurate to observe that I happen to draw incredible strength from each of you. I am engaged in a fierce fight, no doubt, but it has not been one that I have ever been compelled to wage alone. You have been here all along. How can one even begin to take measure of such a thing?

I am doubtless among the most fortunate of men because of those who choose to stand with me. I thank you all. And just in case it wasn't manifestly-clear, you boys managed to make it one hell of a great birthday this year.

Chuck
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    glad that you got it, we were all texting yesterday afternoon/evening like giddy kids waiting for it to reach you!

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Project Irene landed on AC's house ! woo woo !!!

When I was at your house a couple weeks ago, I heard you mentioned you wanted another X300 for the CRG. I went "oh oh" on the inside, I hope he doesn't order it anytime soon, so the boys can surprise you with their stuff. Those guys did great. It's not over yet Chuckie boy ......

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Another vast, right-wing conspiracy I see. You have to watch these folks like hawks all the time.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Yeah AC, you must have played with your new toys for so long all the while keeping us on pins and needles waiting to hear that you got it!

Kidding aside, I'm glad to know that our little part was able to give you a morale boost at a time when you actually needed it. I will have to say though, that I would be remiss not mention that munch520 really should be recognized as a spearhead to Project Irene as opposed to myself. I know he would never ask for the recognition, but he's the one that roped me into this conspiracy Jax, Safety, Cory, Lethal and I'm sure others saw this through to the end, and are no doubt, beaming with pride that we were able to be a part of a little happiness in your life.

Here's to many more Chief! Cheers!

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Project Irene landed on AC's house ! woo woo !!!

When I was at your house a couple weeks ago, I heard you mentioned you wanted another X300 for the CRG. I went "oh oh" on the inside, I hope he doesn't order it anytime soon, so the boys can surprise you with their stuff. Those guys did great. It's not over yet Chuckie boy ......
    Chuck,

I got a text from Tav earlier saying you were wired from the huge amount of coffee in the Wilson Combat mug that our local WC rep so gratuitously gave along with some other awesome stuff. Have been smiling and laughing ever since that text!

Not gonna say much about my part brother but I am going to give HUGE props to Watrdawg & Sam. Without them everyone that helped out ..well it would've been a 'pin the tail on the donkey' affair. Those two became our eyes and ears on the ground. I actually nicknamed both of them our field agents....and yeah we were all criminals for a very good cause!

Chuck God bless brother. Jim emailed me last night after seeing you and opening our package and I was so happy after reading his email that I couldn't sleep!

The funny thing is we REALLY had to be sneaky! I think it was Sam who pm'd me saying "Dave, Chuck is thinking about getting a X300U!". So here I go texting Tav and pm'ing Jim, "Guys see if Mrs. AC or one of y'all can talk him down without being too overt".

Or, "Jim at the next meeting ask Chuck what kind of cant he likes in a holster"! AC, recall some conversations between you, Sam, and Jim about a month ago and I bet you can pinpoint when they were being as you put it "criminals" Ha Ha.

It made you smile. Couldn't ask for anything else. Here for you brother. Oh....and as Sam said... Project Irene MK 2 is in the works!

-Jax
    Last edited by jaxman7; 11-14-13 at 21:52.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Chuck, glad you enjoyed the birthday gift! Jax, Munch & Sam did a great job working on your little care package. We truly hope you enjoy it and hope you know how happy we all were to participate. Thinking of and praying for you and your family often, Mtdawg169

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Keep the chin up Chuck.. Cheers.. Ron
    Ain't no pockets on a shroud..

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Should have known you guys would be running some pretty clever schemes. Would not have anticipate an actual "named" Operation. lol.

I certainly didn't mean to make you wait in silence to hear what had happened, but I was pretty wiped-out by the end of Stammtisch, and to be honest, I was pretty loopy (and slept) for much of the day today because I had some trouble getting pain meds to do the right thing at the right time. Not a bad day; just a rather atypical one in some respects, and it took longer-than-usual to get up to full-speed.

Believe me, I've still got plenty of playing, sorting and monkeying-around to do in "the box" tomorrow. This stuff is better than Legos.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Just to let you know Chuck. The last two posters were part of the criminal conspiracy as well. ; )

I don't know if everyone wants to be listed but I honestly had NOT ONE person say no in helping you AC. From Wilson Combat, to kokopelli, to Tom at Raven, to FlyingHunter, to Larry Vickers, and everyone in between they all helped with a smile on their face Chuck. Just another example of how so many on here care for you brother.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Page 154 of 205 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204 ... LastLast