Page 202 of 205 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 2044

Thread: Please pray for Army Chief (and related musings)

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Merry Christmas to Chuck who is now in heaven celebrating Christ's birthday along with my father and father in law. Miss them all very much.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Merry Christmas to Chuck who is now in heaven celebrating Christ's birthday along with my father and father in law. Miss them all very much.

Understood Sam. Terri spent Christmas with her children and her sister's family, sounds like they're having a good time together. Have to make the best of it and carry on, would have been his request to say the least.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    It is over two years since Chuck left us. A few of us still post miscellaneous updates, holiday wishes, etc. in this thread, but it's becoming clear that those are the same handful of people (me included) that still have fond memories of the Army Chief. The pain has mostly healed, the loss has been accepted and a lot have moved on. I would like to leave this thread stickied so new members can refer to it and read the story about our beloved friend. But on January 1, 2016, this thread will be closed.

Happy New Year.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Chuck will always be a bright memory for me. The very first time I met him he ran up to me and gave me a big hug like a long lost friend. He was that way with everyone. The short time I knew him one thing I always noticed was that he gave his all for others and never had any complaints about the condition he was in at the time. In the back of your mind you knew he was in some sort of pain but that cloud was always over shadowed by the brightness he brought into the room. There's more I could say but I think everyone will agree that Chuck was a shining light for those that encountered him and that the memory of the man he was will be that same shining light well into the future.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Logging in to pay my final M4C respects to AC. Rest easy and enjoy eternal life.
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Dear Chuck,

As always we wish you clear skies, and unlimited visibility. I am sure you are sitting in heaven, having a great time chatting with John Browning about 1911's.

Thanks for being the example where ever you went.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Well...ok. So it ends I suppose, probably for the better. The idea to sticky is great so as always hats off to my friend Sam. It was quite a ride, the experience of a lifetime in many ways.

We all have our struggles, we will all know pain and adversity. But what we may not ever know is how to deal with them with such dignity. It was both inspiring and horrible to endure, the heartbreak was real. But man that guy fought with his chin up until his last day and continued to offer his unique insights while he suffered the incomprehensible. Like others here I have been through so many things, I could tell stories many here would never believe, but I could never measure up to him. He simply set a new standard for courage, selflessness, intellect and grace.

The day he suddenly popped back into the forum it seemed a miracle had occurred. When my son and I saw him after he looked a little thin but great overall considering. I really thought he would beat it and carry on, I told him about the great book he will write when it was all over.

Needless to say that book did not end as hoped, but I believe it still deserves to be written. Maybe I should get to work, don't know but it's certainly tempting.

Lest We Forget as they say. God Bless and Godspeed my friend. You will never be replaced.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Rest easy Chuck.You are truly an inspiration and you will be missed.
    You will not be forgotten and your memory rides with me every shift and hopefully keeps me safe.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

"Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Rest easy, Chuck

Owner/Instructor at Resolute Response

Page 202 of 205 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204 ... LastLast